• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2022 at 3:56 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

X-Men 1 CGC 9.2 ends in 2 days over at Heritage. Now at 252 000$ that includes the buyer's premium.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/x-men-1-marvel-1963-cgc-nm-92-off-white-to-white-pages/a/122214-11831.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

It's surprising that this book is in a weekly and not a signature auction.  

On 4/2/2022 at 7:50 PM, Northwest said:

It's surprising that this book is in a weekly and not a signature auction.  

Agreed. I think if it was a signature auction and prominently featured it would have most definitely gone for more.  If I was the seller of that book, I would have been a little peeved that it wasn't more promoted.  Probably left some money on the table as its a good looking book. 

X-men needs a bump.  

Whatever happened to Disney investor day?  In March 2022, it came and went and no major MCU announcements.  

Remember back in 2019, D23 investor day blew everyone out of the water when they announced all their 25+ new projects.  

Surely they could have mentioned OG mutants at this years investor day. 

I was just looking at these three Heritage sales around April 8-9

8.0 for $102,000

7.5 for $78,000

7.0 for $63,000

I believe that these are all-time-highs for these grades. At least they are the highest so far that I'm seeing on GPA. Hopefully this move up will encourage the mid-grades below them to move up as well. 

Edited by CycleGirl

On 4/17/2022 at 10:40 PM, CycleGirl said:

8.0 for $102,000

7.5 for $78,000

7.0 for $63,000

I believe that these are all-time-highs for these grades. At least they are the highest so far that I'm seeing on GPA. Hopefully this move up will encourage the mid-grades below them to move up as well. 

I know last year Heritage was accused of auction fraud.  Has their reputation changed or are these numbers still to be taken with a grain of salt?  

On 4/18/2022 at 4:39 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Don't worry X-Men 1 is still very undervalued in my opinion and you own a 9.2 I believe at around 275k it still has a whole lot of meat on its bones. Just set it aside and wait it will have its day just like AF15, Hulk 1 and FF1. As mentioned before it is a solid book with a huge fan base and not easy to find in 9.0 and higher.

Once they join the MCU it will double in value is my guess in 9.2. It may happen before that as well. If there is one book that will near the 1$ million mark besides the 3 above in 9.2 X-men 1 will be it. Could be 750k could be 900k will see over time it may hit that line as the 3 others have now.

62CB0A99-DBA0-4D01-A118-718B6660562B.jpeg

On 4/17/2022 at 8:40 PM, CycleGirl said:

8.0 for $102,000

7.5 for $78,000

7.0 for $63,000

I would have expected the mid-grades to bump up as well, but the two mid-grade copies in this auction appeared to sell for less than current GPA:

6.0 for $28,800 (April 9)
6.5 for $36,000 (April 11)

I wonder if the 7.0 sold for such an aggressive amount because it's in a first-generation slab? I could see people bidding it up because it's less likely to be pressed and could get a grade bump if it were pressed.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:38 AM, speedcake said:

90 day is 31k. last reported sale is $28,800.  

I've seen many ebay sales that don't seem to ever end up on GPA. I guess that's normal.

I hadn't realized that George (GPA) sifted through Ebay sales so thoroughly. I wonder what the criteria is? Probably better not to let on to it lest people find work-arounds. Anyway, it's good that it's being done.

Edited by CycleGirl