• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krazycomics2009 hulk 181 9.8, spidey 1 7.5, x-men 94 9.6

50 posts in this topic

Thought I would give the boards a heads up. Is it just me or do these auctions look mighty suspicious?

This seller just started in December, sold a bunch of cheap comics...and now is suddenly selling a hulk 181 in 9.8? I noticed its the same book sold in the comic connect auction last year.. and the scans look copied. Reading his description raises so many red flags I don't even know where to begin. To top it off, its a 3 day auction. Who puts up 10 to 15k books in a 3 day auction? People who dont have them! thats who! (just a hunch!) - and if one of you all is the seller and this is legit.. I'll eat my hat and apologize..

Any Comic Connect employees out there that know where this book was sent that might want to verify if they still have it or not? ... all privacy concerns aside?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150410338715

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spiderman-1-7-5-CGC-Come-and-Get-L-k_W0QQitemZ150410352459QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230527d74b

http://cgi.ebay.com/Uncanny-X-Men-94-9-6-CGC-Come-and-Get-it_W0QQitemZ150410343137QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230527b2e1

Thought I would give the boards a heads up. Is it just me or do these auctions look mighty suspicious?

This seller just started in December, sold a bunch of cheap comics...and now is suddenly selling a hulk 181 in 9.8? I noticed its the same book sold in the comic connect auction last year.. and the scans look copied. Reading his description raises so many red flags I don't even know where to begin. To top it off, its a 3 day auction. Who puts up 10 to 15k books in a 3 day auction? People who dont have them! thats who! (just a hunch!) - and if one of you all is the seller and this is legit.. I'll eat my hat and apologize..

Any Comic Connect employees out there that know where this book was sent that might want to verify if they still have it or not? ... all privacy concerns aside?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150410338715

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spiderman-1-7-5-CGC-Come-and-Get-L-k_W0QQitemZ150410352459QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230527d74b

http://cgi.ebay.com/Uncanny-X-Men-94-9-6-CGC-Come-and-Get-it_W0QQitemZ150410343137QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230527b2e1

..i've been outbid on all 3... :pullhair:

:jokealert:

the sad thing is the items were only removed. The right thing would be to remove the seller immediately but Ebay is just plain sad in allowing crooks to thrive even when they are caught...it is plain disgusting and revolting of an organization.

the sad thing is the items were only removed. The right thing would be to remove the seller immediately but Ebay is just plain sad in allowing crooks to thrive even when they are caught...it is plain disgusting and revolting of an organization.

What do you expect from a giant entity whose sole purpose is to make profit whether the general users get screwed or not?

What do you expect from a giant entity whose sole purpose is to make profit whether the general users get screwed or not?

Have no idea what you wrote but would appreciate a larger picture of that avatar

well, as a consumer, I can only do what I can do and that is stop using them. The same thing I have done in most of my life. I know I am only one person but I prefer not to let certain organizations profited from me. They won't miss me but I rather put money into someone else's pocket if at all possible.

well, as a consumer, I can only do what I can do and that is stop using them. The same thing I have done in most of my life. I know I am only one person but I prefer not to let certain organizations profited from me. They won't miss me but I rather put money into someone else's pocket if at all possible.

Well you're not alone in this cause coming March 30th, I will be closing down my Ebay store before they implement their next insane fee hikes. That day alone, I think we will see at the very least half the seller base migrate to other auction sites while Ebay gets flooded with cheap 99 cent products.

Have no idea what you wrote but would appreciate a larger picture of that avatar

You're not the first one to make that request. You might want to take a look at this thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3735158#Post3735158

:grin:

I contacted the seller yesterday and had an interesting little exchange regarding the Hulk 181.

Dear krazycomics2009,

Can you post a larger scan of the slab and give me

the CGC registration number of the slab, it's a

little hard to read.

Im sorry but please leave read the desription before contacting me!

- krazycomics2009

From JazzMan

Dear krazycomics2009,

Your "desription" does not contain the CGC

certification number. If you can not provide the

registration number then I am going to believe

that you really do not have this book and will

have to report this auction as a fraud.

Please provide the CGC registration number.

Thank You

Now it starts getting interesting....

From krazycomics2009

Hey man, I said that the comic is in a safe

deposit box, I am out of state taking care of my

sick mother, i listed it before i left, didnt u

see how i clearly said this, my mom is on her

death bed and i need this money to take care of

her affairs if she survives and funeral

arrangements, what kind of person you are to talk

to me like that. I dont carry the number around in

my pocket.What is wrong with you to talk to a

person like that who is taking is losing a loved

one. I have taking a leave of absents due to this.

This is not fraud sir, fraud would only happen if

i recieved the money and didnt send it. Look at my

feedback, i deliver. Im sorry i cant hep u with

your question ,God Bless you! Do what you wish sir

but I have a clear mind over this.

- krazycomics2009

And then remorse sets in...

From krazycomics2009

Sir, I didnt mean to snap at you but i am under

alot of stress, this isnt a book that needs to be

with me while im doing this. I have been robbed

over my comics. i will call my bank to see what