• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Detective Comics #54

7 posts in this topic

interesting book...........

i would say that the cover seems a bit "washed-out". in addition, the picture seems cropped on all 4 sides (the edges are all almost perfect). and quite a bit of the bottom is missing. also, no back cover........

as such, there's no good way to make a judgement on this one (IMO). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

oh, welcome to the boards.........

I have to agree with Burntboy, there is no way of accurately grading the book via the scan provided. You can't see the whole book, the cover color seems off due to the poor quality of the scan and the size of the scan is going to make even the smallest flaw seems giant. It did look like the cover was sort of wavy like it has gotten wet at some point which may account for the rusty staples, but again tough to tell from the scan. confused.gif

Yeah, I have to agree that it looks like a GD 2.0 at best, and that's if some of the stuff that looks questionable in these scans is in fact just scanner-related 'artifacting' or something.

Oddly, while the book does look 'washed-out' in a way, and in some areas there appears to be color that has 'run' from other parts of the cover (or maybe the first/last pages?), the front cover seems to retain a fair amount of gloss - considering books from this era tended to have only modest gloss in the first place.

Still, a very cool old book !