• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know what I hate?

226 posts in this topic

I hate when you call someones cellphone and get the recording that their mailbox is full...annoys me to no end!

me too! I mean...wait, that was meant towards me wasn't it...

sigh...

Don't sigh dammit.....press SEVEN to delete.

What are you saving? Did Jessica Alba accidentally call you cell and leave a phone sex message meant for her husband or something?

Clear the damn voice mail box.

I save my kid's messages.

:grin:

me too....

I have my Grandfather wishing me a happy bday saved too!

I do need to clean it up...sigh...

You know what I hate?

People with bad breath,...

So I carry a pack of Big Red brand chewing gum were ever I go

to fight that Dragon!

Hey man you wanna piece of gum (hint, hint)

:grin:

I went out with this girl once, she was pushy, pushy I tell ya... at one point I had to tell her "For the hundredth time, no I do not want a breath mint!"

-slym

Pirate has a somewhat irritating in your face tone sometimes, but I totally believe everything that the lil swashbuckler posted. The invoice that was copy pasted shows this purchase was to be made via envelope, pp payment was asked nicely to be marked as gift but not demanded.

I have bought from pirate maybe 10 times, not because of his charming personality, but because he sometimes does freaken awesome bulk lot deals. This thread should never have been aired like this in first place, no wrong doing, and most buyers do not mind a ratty old mylar as you switch that out as soon as you get your books.

If you wanted books boxed, and sent in new mylar, then ask for it and I am sure for an upcharge you would have received it.

This might win "Backhanded Compliment Of The Year Award". hm

Sellers that ship you books in ratty old scuffed, torn and recycled Mylars, covered with old tape and labels, and with bent backboards and bent corners. Top it off with two flimsy pieces of carboard in a PM envelope - Sheesh! doh!

Whatever happened to just plain old respect, common decency, or gawd-forbid, good customer service? This place never ceases to amaze me. :mad:

It's like the seller thinks the sale is over once the funds hit their PayPal account, and even after they demand that the payment be sent as a "gift" - What a freakin' "spoon" :sumo:

These are the facts, not what pirate "pasted". Buy from him at your own risk. End of story. The cardboard he used was so lame the books were bent in half length-wise. Offer refund? Ha!

Somehow, I should take the responsibility for his poor packing and shoddy customer service? Give me a break.

bestest,

d

Frankie: Hey, Willie.

Willie: Hi, Frankie.

Frankie: How's the west wing?

Willie: All secure.

Frankie: That's good.

Willie: You know somethin', Frank?

Frankie: What?

Willie: I - I - I don't like bein' a night watchman. There - there's nobody here.

Frankie: It means we're doin' our job, Willie. And doin' it well.

Willie: Yeah, but I - I - I - I - I liked it better when we - when we was messengers, I mean, and then I - I was out - I was meetin' people.

Frankie: Like that woman over at Scheidelman's Suits, right?

Willie: [reluctantly] I dropped her. Yeah, she was all over me. All over me, she was. I - I - I need room to breathe.

Frankie: I know, Willie. The stallion needs to run. [Willie nods solemnly in agreement] And run free.

Willie: [rubs his shoulder in pain] Shoo, boy.

Frankie: What's the matter?

Willie: Eh, my shoulder hurts. You know - you know that narrow hallway in the boiler room? The one with the, uh--?

Frankie: Exposed bolts comin' out o' the wall?

Willie: Yeah. Well, every time I walk past it, the bolts dig right into my shoulder. I-- It's very painful.

Frankie: Boy. You wanna talk about some pain? I bought one o' them linoleum knives the other day, you know?

Willie: With the double edge?

Frankie: Right.

Willie: Yeah?

Frankie: So, I go home, you know, and I spread my toes apart and I just start sawing, back and forth and back and forth, you know?

Willie: Mm hmm.

Frankie: And I take a little thing o' Tobasco sauce, you know?

Willie: Yeah.

Frankie: And just dump it on there. Talk about a hotfoot, mister! Boy, that was rough.

Willie: Yeah, I know what you mean. You know, the other day, I took one o' them, uh--?

Frankie: Meat thermometers?

Willie: Yeah! And I just shoved it into my ear, you know? As far as it could go, you know? But then I took one o' them, uh--?

Frankie: Ball-peen hammers?

Willie: Right. And just whacked it a few times right in there, you know.

Frankie: Boy, that must smart.

Willie: I know! I HATE when THAT happens.

Frankie: You know what I hate?

Willie: What?

Frankie: I go into the kitchen, I open the drawer, you know?

Willie: Uh huh?

Frankie: And I take out a, uh--

Willie: Carrot scraper?

Frankie: Right. And I stick it up my nose, you know, and I'm rootin' it around, and, you know, gettin' all the mucus membranes out o' there, you know? And then I take one o' them, uh--?

Willie: Mentholated eucalyptus cough drops?

Frankie: Right. And I stick it-- wedge it up there, you know? I take a couple o' whiffs, boy. Heh, ya feel like your head's gonna explode.

Willie: Boy, isn't THAT the truth? It's like the other night. I'm in the attic and I got a bunch o' mousetraps, ya know?

Frankie: Right.Willie: And, for bait, I used a big piece of, uh--

Frankie: Camembert?

Willie: Right. So, so I set the trap, right? A-a-a-a-and I wanna see if the trap was gonna work, right? So I got the Camembert in there.

Willie: But every time I went to taste the cheese, the thing came down right on my tongue! ... I'm tellin' ya -- after forty, fifty times, I - I - I couldn't even feel the cheese, much less taste it. I hate when THAT happens, I'll tell ya that.

Frankie: Boy, you know what I hate? I hate-- I got a gross o' them, uh--?

Willie: Razor blades?

Frankie: No.

Willie: Fish hooks?

Frankie: No.

Willie: Ah?

Frankie: Thumb tacks.

Willie: Ah! Yeah.

Frankie: Right?

Willie: Yeah.

Frankie: So I bring 'em home, you know, and I sprinkle 'em all out over the floor, you know?

Willie: Points up?

Willie: Uh huh.

Frankie: Then I strip down to the nude and I just ROLL back and forth across the room, ya know? Stickin' in all over my body. Then I jump in a hot tub and just soak.

Willie: Mm hmm.

Frankie: Hate that.

Willie: Sounds very painful.

Frankie: Very painful.

Willie: [heavy sigh] Boy. So what're ya gonna do now?

Frankie: Eh, I'm gonna check fifteen.

Willie: Yeah. I'm gonna check nine.

Frankie: Okay. Good night, Willie!

-slym

Sellers that ship you books in ratty old scuffed, torn and recycled Mylars, covered with old tape and labels, and with bent backboards and bent corners. Top it off with two flimsy pieces of carboard in a PM envelope - Sheesh! doh!

Whatever happened to just plain old respect, common decency, or gawd-forbid, good customer service? This place never ceases to amaze me. :mad:

It's like the seller thinks the sale is over once the funds hit their PayPal account, and even after they demand that the payment be sent as a "gift" - What a freakin' "spoon" :sumo:

These are the facts, not what pirate "pasted". Buy from him at your own risk. End of story. The cardboard he used was so lame the books were bent in half length-wise. Offer refund? Ha!

Somehow, I should take the responsibility for his poor packing and shoddy customer service? Give me a break.

bestest,

d

I have the PM's, why would I lie over $20. You have serious issues.

bestest,

d

Seriously...?

so he never offered a refund?

Yes or No, pretty simple answer.

How was his customer service poor? According to your account, the books were damaged. He offered a refund. How is that poor? Of course the only person in all reality that gets hit by it is the seller as he offered a full refund?

I am sure Anthony would be more than happy for you to post the PMs between you. Since it is all out in the open now, why not?

bestest,

d

I have the PM's, why would I lie over $20. You have serious issues.

post em...

course we all know I would :sorry:

I don't get it either, someone here is lying and it's either Divad, or it's pirate.

Was there a refund offered, or not? (shrug)

Did Pirate demand payment as a gift, or not? (shrug)

Seems to me it's "sell to Divad at your own risk", too.

Out the bad sellers (and I mean really out them, not just weak allusions)...AND the bad buyers.

This thread has been most instructive. And entertaining! Thanks to all!

I'll let Jon log into my account and read the PM's. Would that satisfy most? Or is their another way to post the PM with it being password protected? I'll see if I can screen shot it.

hmmm....

Two long time and respected members of the community here, having a disagreement about less than twenty bucks worth of comic books.

Seems to me that there is more to this than what has thus far been discussed. If there isn't, then it is much to do about nothing. Offer a refund here and now, and let's see what happens then.

Wow, this could just be my dizzying lack of intellect acting up again, but isn't it textbook passive aggressive behavior to stir up a controversy and then exit stage left before the denouement?

So, a refund was in fact offered. But I don't blame the receiver for not sending them back either.

If it was me that had been the seller, I have to say that I would have refunded the money via PayPal as a gift, and just wrote off the books as a lesson learned in customer service.

But that's just me.