• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

I thought it was better than a 4.0 myself but always cautious with a book like this not being slabbed. I can't tell if there is something in the movie reel near the scribbling (looks like it could be just scribbles or black touch up).

I tried to get it when it was first listed and had 0 bids but he decided to let the auction run :sorry:

Will be interesting to see where it closes and if it ever shows up again in a slab.

I remember my sister used to scribble on my comics when she was talking on the phone, so yeah it happened. That looks like a decent book to me, but i didn't stare at it for long (at work now and I'm not buying it anyway). I bought a book or two from that cat (no pun) and he was fair and courteous and to know how to grade comic books as well.

Winning bid was $7877 so who won it? I think the book would grade around a 4.0 because of the spine tick marks, large triangular crease top right corner and back cover on upper left side. The scribbling too would lower the grade as well. Price is decent. If it dos grade a 4.0 or higher unrestored, then buyer did well.

Winning bid was $7877 so who won it? I think the book would grade around a 4.0 because of the spine tick marks, large triangular crease top right corner and back cover on upper left side. The scribbling too would lower the grade as well. Price is decent. If it dos grade a 4.0 or higher unrestored, then buyer did well.

I agree with you on the grade estimate. It looked like my old copy I traded to Innocuous. I kind of miss being able to hold and page through a copy. I have been thinking of getting another, but heck the prices are definitely on the surge again. I wonder how much of this has to do with the TV show?

I agree with you on the grade estimate. It looked like my old copy I traded to Innocuous. I kind of miss being able to hold and page through a copy. I have been thinking of getting another, but heck the prices are definitely on the surge again. I wonder how much of this has to do with the TV show?

I don't really enjoy the show only aspect is Capt Cold cause <3 Wentworth in a purely platonic way lol but prices are definitely surging. Would be nice to see a graded book hit an open auction and see where it ends up (like the hulk 6.0)

I don't really enjoy the show only aspect is Capt Cold cause <3 Wentworth in a purely platonic way lol but prices are definitely surging. Would be nice to see a graded book hit an open auction and see where it ends up (like the hulk 6.0)

Tough to gauge pricing on this one with so many private sales....

I wonder if any of our larger dealer friends would be so kind as to give some price ranges they have seen by solid grade?

2.0 =

3.0 =

4.0 =

5.0 =

6.0 =

7.0 =

:wishluck: