• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Posted this book in another thread. Can't believe how many PMs I've gotten on this book. Clearly its one of the hottest books on the market right now. Everyone seems to be looking for a nice presenting lower graded copy right now.

showcase4cgc25fc_zps3fa44aba.jpg

I sold a relatively ugly 3.0 last week for 7500. I have a much nicer looking 3.0 that I guess should be a premium to that sale. I like roulette 9k eval hm

A buddy of mine has his collection "poof" a few weeks back so I've decided not to post books anymore, but I'll put this one up for the hell of it for 24 hours. Too many people knew what he had. Now he has nothing.

Beautiful book!

Did he have insurance? What did the police say?

A big theft like that seems unusual unless they robbed him in general. If it was targeted to just comics it was likely via someone he knew...

Posted this book in another thread. Can't believe how many PMs I've gotten on this book. Clearly its one of the hottest books on the market right now. Everyone seems to be looking for a nice presenting lower graded copy right now. ]

I believe it. Anyone with a copy gets PMs. Tough book to even find these days let alone affordable.

A buddy of mine has his collection "poof" a few weeks back so I've decided not to post books anymore, but I'll put this one up for the hell of it for 24 hours. Too many people knew what he had. Now he has nothing.

Beautiful book!

Did he have insurance? What did the police say?

A big theft like that seems unusual unless they robbed him in general. If it was targeted to just comics it was likely via someone he knew...

He had a bunch of gold and silver books non-graded in a few short boxes. Nice stuff too. When I say nice a good amount were 5K+ books. They cut his screen, crow-barred the back window to pop the latch. Some jewelry. Comics. Pillow cases to load up whatever else they thought they could use. I have no idea what his insurance company is saying. Last we spoke they were ok with everything and now they are not. I'm thinking it's best not to let people know what you have. Too many people I know that were straight laced blue and white collar workers all of a sudden are hard core addicts losing everything. I don't need that and I'm sure it was someone he knows. It was too clean. Too opportunistic in a short window that he was away from home.

Edited by passion4comics

Posted this book in another thread. Can't believe how many PMs I've gotten on this book. Clearly its one of the hottest books on the market right now. Everyone seems to be looking for a nice presenting lower graded copy right now. ]

I believe it. Anyone with a copy gets PMs. Tough book to even find these days let alone affordable.

+1

Seems every other WTB thread is for a showcase 4 and/or AF 15, which is pretty remarkable considering how pricey they both are.

-J.

+1

Seems every other WTB thread is for a showcase 4 and/or AF 15, which is pretty remarkable considering how pricey they both are.

-J.

Sure, but 99.9% of them don't even want to pay GPA, let alone FMV.

They aren't "WTB" threads, they're "Want Something for Ridcioulsously Cheap" threads.

+1

-J.

They aren't "WTB" threads, they're "Want Something for Ridcioulsously Cheap" threads.

Most wtb threads are like that... Oh it's not 25% below fmv how can I sell it on eBay then?

Is that why I can't get anyone to ever answer a WTB ad? I don't expect to pay over FMV but have no problem paying GPA/FMV.

Is that why I can't get anyone to ever answer a WTB ad? I don't expect to pay over FMV but have no problem paying GPA/FMV.

Yes and no. A lot of times people don't answer unless they know who you are or are trolling for that specific sale.

Also - GPA and FMV are too very different things on a book like this (depending on timing and grade). It is easiest to find a reputable dealer or two on here you can trust, develop a relationship and keep in contact. They will come across a book you will want eventually and if you have a relationship you will pay FMV.

Yes and no. A lot of times people don't answer unless they know who you are or are trolling for that specific sale.

Also - GPA and FMV are too very different things on a book like this (depending on timing and grade). It is easiest to find a reputable dealer or two on here you can trust, develop a relationship and keep in contact. They will come across a book you will want eventually and if you have a relationship you will pay FMV.

Yeah I have a few dealers I have relationships with like that but only one from the board. I am not in the market right now for a SC4 but probably will be in the future.

I want to complete the first 100 of the Flash run first. I try to buy from people on the board first and then move on to other avenues. Of course I am not as patient as some and its not hard to find a copy of most books.

Edited by Shadow Images