• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

6.0 = $20-25k

5.5 = $18-20k

5.0 = $15-18k

:shrug:

There are copies around, but for a premium and many times you have to pry them out of people's hands...

That's where I may have to use my AF 15 for leverage.

I suppose if you find someone who wants an AF 15...

Probably easier to sell your AF 15 and use the cash to garner a deal, but you may have to pay a premium (as most do with this book).

However, AF 15 is not nearly as rare as SC 4 and realistically to the collectors that want this book it may be a bit of apples and oranges. Not to say it wouldn't work, but it isn't necessarily that easy.

My reco would be to find a dealer on the boards you trust and have them help you find a great copy and then pay FMV.

Darn,,,that posting was a goof...my error..let me try this a again.

Definitely several people have been offering to take it off my hands. Decent offers at that. I know...the Showcase crowd are usually hardcore DC and the AF 15 are usually Marvelites. However...I appreciate both. For the reasons I have the Spidey comic a marvel buff may hold an SC4. The book just fell into my lap locally...I paid a premium but had it right in my hand and realized an opportunity and scarfed it as it was a great investment. I know SC4 is more scarce for sure. I've had a few of them over the years.

Good luck! Let us know when you get a copy!

6.0 = $20-25k

5.5 = $18-20k

5.0 = $15-18k

There are copies around, but for a premium and many times you have to pry them out of people's hands...

Probably easier to sell your AF 15 and use the cash to garner a deal, but you may have to pay a premium (as most do with this book).

However, AF 15 is not nearly as rare as SC 4 and realistically to the collectors that want this book it may be a bit of apples and oranges. Not to say it wouldn't work, but it isn't necessarily that easy.

My reco would be to find a dealer on the boards you trust and have them help you find a great copy and then pay FMV.

Definitely several people have been offering to take it off my hands. Decent offers at that. I know...the Showcase crowd are usually hardcore DC and the AF 15 are usually Marvelites. However...I appreciate both. For the reasons I have the Spidey comic a marvel buff may hold an SC4. The book just fell into my lap locally...I paid a premium but had it right in my hand and realized an opportunity and scarfed it as it was a great investment. I know SC4 is more scarce for sure. I've had a few of them over the years.

meh

6.0 = $20-25k

5.5 = $18-20k

5.0 = $15-18k

meh

meh

Looks like the TV show has given the book quite a lift :grin:

Considering that this show will likely get picked up for next year and that it'll generate new fans, many that will become loyal for quite some time, I think this trend will continue for a while. I wonder if and when it could overtake AF #15?

Looks like the TV show has given the book quite a lift :grin:

Considering that this show will likely get picked up for next year and that it'll generate new fans, many that will become loyal for quite some time, I think this trend will continue for a while. I wonder if and when it could overtake AF #15?

It was already renewed for next year. The spin off show with The Atom and Hawkgirl is greenlit as well for a launch this year. Of course, I am biased, but I really enjoy the writing and acting on the show. The Reverse Flash is so manipulative and evil.

I wonder if and when it could overtake AF #15?

Absolutely never. I can't believe people would even think it might.

I wonder if and when it could overtake AF #15?

Absolutely never. I can't believe people would even think it might.

For me, it's not so much about general prices of a particular issue but rather about individual books on their own merits. Regarding AF #15, the highest graded copies will likely always sell for more than any other SA book. However, individual issues of other books, especially such as Showcase #4 may yield a huge financial return over the years to come, greater than many copies of AF#15.

AF15 is the KING of the SA. Showcase 4 is on par with Hulk 1 right now...let those two battle it out. ;)

The operative words being right now. ;)

If they screw up the character too much, fans might defect from Spidey.

AF15 is the KING of the SA. Showcase 4 is on par with Hulk 1 right now...let those two battle it out. ;)

You mean Hulk right. ;) Your 6.0 is a pedigree...hard to beat that.

You mean Hulk right. ;) Your 6.0 is a pedigree...hard to beat that.

Thanks (thumbs u

No I meant Spidey. I think Hulk has more universal appeal (on film at least) than Spidey,

and (Hulk) could also surpass him if they mess with the character too much.

Just an opinion (shrug)