• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

With still about a week away, the CL copy is already at $12,500 :o Looks to be a record price in this grade of not soon to be. Will this cement that Showcase 4 is the #2 most valuable book behind AF 15 and now overtaking Hulk 1?

I say "no" because it's only one sale and it is starting to look like an outlier.

-J.

What about the 4.5 that Bob just sold (likely for very close to his asking price) which was mentioned at 14.5k?

With still about a week away, the CL copy is already at $12,500 :o Looks to be a record price in this grade of not soon to be. Will this cement that Showcase 4 is the #2 most valuable book behind AF 15 and now overtaking Hulk 1?

I say "no" because it's only one sale and it is starting to look like an outlier.

-J.

What about the 4.5 that Bob just sold (likely for very close to his asking price) which was mentioned at 14.5k?

Does Bob report to GPA?

Either way something seems a little batty about this price. Ists almost double what was paid for another 4.0 on c link barely a year ago.

-J.

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

Either way something seems a little batty about this price. Ists almost double what was paid for another 4.0 on c link barely a year ago.

-J.

No he doesn't, but I don't think its overly batty...the book was trending right around 3k per point back in June so the book is slowly moving up. Its a nice looking 4.0 with wait for it....wait for it....OW/W pages

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

-J.

No he doesn't, but I don't think its overly batty...the book was trending right around 3k per point back in June so the book is slowly moving up. Its a nice looking 4.0 with wait for it....wait for it....OW/W pages

I highly doubt anyone's paying double last year's price because of the so-called "PQ" on the label.

Also the 2.5 is not performing comparably. The 4.0 price just seems high to me. In outlier territory. I want to believe and I'm obviously a fan of the character and the book. I'm just not believing this price for some reason. It seems off. And I don't think someone is thinking CPR either because it has a pretty beat up spine.

-J.

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

-J.

I highly doubt anyone's paying double last year's price because of the so-called "PQ" on the label.

Also the 2.5 is not performing comparably. The 4.0 price just seems high to me. In outlier territory. I want to believe and I'm obviously a fan of the character and the book. I'm just not believing this price for some reason. It seems off. And I don't think someone is thinking CPR either because it has a pretty beat up spine.

-J.

Since you think it's an outlier, I'll pay you a little above last year's price for your 4.0 copy :baiting:

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

-J.

Also the 2.5 is not performing comparably. The 4.0 price just seems high to me. In outlier territory. I want to believe and I'm obviously a fan of the character and the book. I'm just not believing this price for some reason. It seems off. And I don't think someone is thinking CPR because it has a pretty beat up spine.

-J.

I seriously think you post just to argue with ppls:

OK I give up trying to see auction results after they close. How'd the 4.5 sell out?
$13,466

So it looks like this book is $3k a point now.

-J.

The 5.0 comic link auction closed at $14,750. Further supporting the $3k a point level the book seems to be at now. :banana:

-J.

Now if the 4.0 goes for 20k I call that an outlier, however as it stands right now it is just slightly above a 3k per point price. Bob sold one at ~14.5k for a 4.5 not even a week ago which guess what is above 3k per point. This book has been a for a while now...

Hey guess what other book has basically doubled since last year :gossip: IH1 in a 4.5

Edited by iceman399

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

-J.

-J.

Since you think it's an outlier, I'll pay you a little above last year's price for your 4.0 copy :baiting:

lol I would except evidently I wouldn't ever be able to afford another copy.

As for whether or not the price for the 4.0 is an anomaly, the answer may come in what the 2.5 ultimately hammers at.

-J.

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

-J.

-J.

-J.

Only solution is to downgrade to a lower graded copy with the sale. Problem fixed and you have a copy :P

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

-J.

-J.

-J.

Only solution is to downgrade to a lower graded copy with the sale. Problem fixed and you have a copy :P

hm

I'm like Oakman. I shall be buried with these things. lol

-J.

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

-J.

-J.

-J.

hm

I'm like Oakman. I shall be buried with these things. lol

-J.

I think most of us would too lol

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

-J.

Also the 2.5 is not performing comparably. The 4.0 price just seems high to me. In outlier territory. I want to believe and I'm obviously a fan of the character and the book. I'm just not believing this price for some reason. It seems off. And I don't think someone is thinking CPR because it has a pretty beat up spine.

-J.

OK I give up trying to see auction results after they close. How'd the 4.5 sell out?
$13,466

-J.

The 5.0 comic link auction closed at $14,750. Further supporting the $3k a point level the book seems to be at now. :banana:

-J.

Now if the 4.0 goes for 20k I call that an outlier, however as it stands right now it is just slightly above a 3k per point price. Bob sold one at ~14.5k for a 4.5 not even a week ago which guess what is above 3k per point. This book has been a for a while now...

Hey guess what other book has basically doubled since last year :gossip: IH1 in a 4.5

Are you sure Bob sold his for $14.5k? Before the book sold, I made an offer for it and was countered $15k. Before I could eve respond/look at the counter offer, it sold. It's either someone paid his asking price at $15,500 or paid the $15k price.

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

-J.

-J.

$13,466

-J.

-J.

Are you sure Bob sold his for $14.5k? Before the book sold, I made an offer for it and was countered $15k. Before I could eve respond/look at the counter offer, it sold. It's either someone paid his asking price at $15,500 or paid the $15k price.

I don't know...only Bob or new buyer could confirm I guess, someone posted the 14.5k, I thought it was listed higher than that. But still shows support this book is easily in the 3k point range

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

-J.

-J.

$13,466

-J.

-J.

I don't know...only Bob or new buyer could confirm I guess, someone posted the 14.5k, I thought it was listed higher than that. But still shows support this book is easily in the 3k point range

Because if I had the opportunity to buy at $14,500 I would probably have bought it.

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

-J.

-J.

$13,466

-J.

-J.

Because if I had the opportunity to buy at $14,500 I would probably have bought it.

Wait let me get this straight you were will to pay $14,500 for a 4.5 book hm that seems to say this book is at/above 3k a point :o shocking outlier or the actual price of the book

Edited by iceman399

-J.

Does Bob report to GPA?

-J.

-J.

$13,466

-J.

-J.

Wait let me get this straight you were will to pay $14,500 for a 4.5 book hm that seems to say this book is at/above 3k a point :o shocking outlier or the actual price of the book

Yeah, wouldn't be the first time I'd set a GPA high lol . Well, let's see how other copies perform before we can rule both copies as outliers or the new actual price.