• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

This copy is really moving now. Someone is going to have a nice Christmas.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=577356

Wow, it's at $70k now!

Holy cannoli :o

wow.

Around 2006 or 08 that book sat around forever on one of the sites at either 15 or 17 K. Finally I think Metro bought it and it sat on their website at 25K for several years.

This copy is really moving now. Someone is going to have a nice Christmas.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=577356

Wow, it's at $70k now!

Holy cannoli :o

wow.

Around 2006 or 08 that book sat around forever on one of the sites at either 15 or 17 K. Finally I think Metro bought it and it sat on their website at 25K for several years.

I recalled the Mohawk copy sold at CC auction for around 25Kish in 2006. I wonder if the buyer did not pay for it and it end up at Metro site. hm

40-45K (shrug)

Since there is no data, what is a 7.5 ow/w guesstimate? Zero chipping and well centered.

Exactly. Other than an auction I'm just as lost. There have been a couple of 8.5s sold. From 7-8 not so many. A 9.0 went for 75k in 2014 so the book is still going up.

Since 2013 6 more copies have entered into the census from 7.5 and up.

The 4.0 I listed on the boards sold privately for $13.5k w time payments as a marker. I'm thinking $3000-$3500 a point at the sub-Fine grades is a base. Above that, tough to say.

40-45K (shrug)

Since there is no data, what is a 7.5 ow/w guesstimate? Zero chipping and well centered.

Exactly. Other than an auction I'm just as lost. There have been a couple of 8.5s sold. From 7-8 not so many. A 9.0 went for 75k in 2014 so the book is still going up.

Yup, very few 7.0-7.5 have changed hands. Test your copy at auction and we'll find out :devil: Glad you kept your copy and didn't move it last year. :headbang:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

40-45K (shrug)

Yup, very few 7.0-7.5 have changed hands. Test your copy at auction and we'll find out :devil: Glad you kept your copy and didn't move it last year. :headbang:

I overpaid when it went up on Heritage with this strange feeling it would pop in price. :) The registration is near perfect. It was non-cream. I bled when I paid for it. Now, I wouldn't sell it. It's just nice to see it's doing well and I wonder if the TV show would entice anyone under the age of 30 to actually buy a physical book and read it.

40-45K (shrug)

I overpaid when it went up on Heritage with this strange feeling it would pop in price. :) The registration is near perfect. It was non-cream. I bled when I paid for it. Now, I wouldn't sell it. It's just nice to see it's doing well and I wonder if the TV show would entice anyone under the age of 30 to actually buy a physical book and read it.

At that time, you "paid a record price for the grade". Now it's a "bargain". Nice pick-up and a copy that presents well. Yes, the TV show has "ignited this book".

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I really struggle with this comic. It is in my top three, but the value keeps exploding in an unsustainable fashion and I am torn whether or not I will regret not cashing in and down-grading to a very presentable 2.5ish...

<3 Flash