• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Batman #1 being raffled at Boston Con March 7

57 posts in this topic

Over in the events thread someone mentioned it was a PGX 0.5 Blue label with a laser copy cover and only contained the Joker story for the interior.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to own it, but that seems more like a NG than 0.5 PR to me. :shrug:

Over in the events thread someone mentioned it was a PGX 0.5 Blue label with a laser copy cover and only contained the Joker story for the interior.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to own it, but that seems more like a NG than 0.5 PR to me. :shrug:

Wow if that is true then that was some real horrible advertising. That's a huge disappointment.

Wow if that is true then that was some real horrible advertising. That's a huge disappointment.

did anyone really expect more (shrug)

I guess it would not be fair to expect more.

But when you hear free Batman 1 - you dream.

I was wondering how they would pull off a free Batman 1...........now I know. :(

Yes... I thought it would be more like 3/4ths of the book than 1/4th. (shrug)

I was thinking a complete coverless copy

That would have been very reasonable and would have only cost $3500-$4500 in "advertising expense"

But to win the Bat 1 and realize it is only 1/4th of the book would be a slap in the face to me.

That would have been very reasonable and would have only cost $3500-$4500 in "advertising expense"

But to win the Bat 1 and realize it is only 1/4th of the book would be a slap in the face to me.

Maybe I am a low grade whore... because they could slap me in the face with that so long as I could take it home!

:roflmao:

Maybe I am a low grade whore... because they could slap me in the face with that so long as I could take it home!

:roflmao:

lol

Oh they could slap me all day long with the darn thing in any grade! If I got a free Batman 1.

Just as long as they did not hurt the grade anymore! (tsk)

I can also imagine collectors traveling over there just to buy a ticket to win an unknown condition of Bat 1.. Im sure they expected at least a complete coverless as well

I was thinking that too! I am sure there were some mad people about that.

Also wonder who won it? I am sure even though upset they are still happy with it. Even if it is just a few torn out pages. :insane: