• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1984 Marvel Secret wars action figure set...

40 posts in this topic

Anyone have this set MOC??? Been eying them lately. Interested in finding if there's a check list. Rarest figures? etc.

I have an open display case so figured that would be a cool set to put together! I had a few loose figures when I was a kid.

Thanks!

Dan

I preferred the Kenner Super Powers line. Some pretty tough figures to get MOC with nice cards. Although I think they're pricier than the Secret Wars figs.

Anyone have this set MOC??? Been eying them lately. Interested in finding if there's a check list. Rarest figures? etc.

I have an open display case so figured that would be a cool set to put together! I had a few loose figures when I was a kid.

Thanks!

Dan

I preferred the Kenner Super Powers line. Some pretty tough figures to get MOC with nice cards. Although I think they're pricier than the Secret Wars figs.

I like the Super Power line better than the Secret Wars line (and I'm a Marvel fan,so what does that tell you)

super powers and secret wars figures, are they still great sellers? I remember them as great sellers in the early 1990`s, I would be the only one selling these in the early 90`s at my local comic shows and make good coin.Back then you could order the foreign ones from CBG then go sell them at a con for great mark up. :)

I know just a little about this line...

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/secretwars/

Please keep in mind how long ago I made that site. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONg time ago, isn't it beautiful?

A buddy of mine has a Super Powers archive as well,

http://www.kennersuperpowers.com/

I'll give you the cliff notes info.

Secret Wars: The multi-packs are the most rare. These are the mail order 2 packs that came in a white or brown mailer box. Chances are you've never seen them. Now over 15 years searching I've come across less than 10 total. I don't have the spidey vs. doc ock or the hobgoblin and baron zemo on the site since i haven't updated it in over 4 years or so, but they do exist. After those, the 3 packs and the vehicles w/figures are the most rare. The foreign 3 of iceman, constrictor and electro regularly sell for between 80-200 each depending.

Super Powers: High grade carded rule the roost, primarily the main heroes and the ones with bubble issues (yellowing/denting). Also, there are "third series rarities". Not to be confused with cyborg/mr. miracle, these are figures such as batman, red tornado and firestorm that were released on 3rd series backer cards. So, if you're at a show and see a non-3rd series figure on a 3rd series card-it's $$$. Red Tornado and Firestorm have cleared $500 each. Easy to tell by the ABSENCE of a mini comic behind the figure. Or you could just turn it over and see if there are 33 figures pictured.

Both series have foreign companies such as gulliver and estrella versions as well and they are very difficult to locate.

Just a quick disclaimer on the 3rd series super powers rarities. Here's a list of known figures and the typical price you can expect, keep in mind that like comics condition is key. There are very few niche collectors for these, but bidding wars happen between this handful of collectors. Beautiful unpunched and non yellow blisters = more $$$. Prices below are for C-8 (i.e. CGC 8.0).

batman100+

superman 100+

robin 80+

green arrow 50+

kalibak 50+

wonder woman 80+

red tornado crazy lots

firestorm crazy lots

darkseid 30+

desaad 40+

steppenwolf 40+

I know just a little about this line...

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/secretwars/

Please keep in mind how long ago I made that site. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONg time ago, isn't it beautiful?

A buddy of mine has a Super Powers archive as well,

http://www.kennersuperpowers.com/

I'll give you the cliff notes info.

Secret Wars: The multi-packs are the most rare. These are the mail order 2 packs that came in a white or brown mailer box. Chances are you've never seen them. Now over 15 years searching I've come across less than 10 total. I don't have the spidey vs. doc ock or the hobgoblin and baron zemo on the site since i haven't updated it in over 4 years or so, but they do exist. After those, the 3 packs and the vehicles w/figures are the most rare. The foreign 3 of iceman, constrictor and electro regularly sell for between 80-200 each depending.

Super Powers: High grade carded rule the roost, primarily the main heroes and the ones with bubble issues (yellowing/denting). Also, there are "third series rarities". Not to be confused with cyborg/mr. miracle, these are figures such as batman, red tornado and firestorm that were released on 3rd series backer cards. So, if you're at a show and see a non-3rd series figure on a 3rd series card-it's $$$. Red Tornado and Firestorm have cleared $500 each. Easy to tell by the ABSENCE of a mini comic behind the figure. Or you could just turn it over and see if there are 33 figures pictured.

Both series have foreign companies such as gulliver and estrella versions as well and they are very difficult to locate.

I have most of them carded. I need to look at the list to see what I'm missing.

K is right on the multi-packs. I've only seen 1.

I know I don't have the foreign figures though.

I have one of the towers in the box. It's in great shape.

Pat

I used to have the rare Wolverine Secret Wars figure with the black claws instead of the silver ones. I remember it use to be somewhat valuable.

I had one of those black-clawed Wolvies (along with Spidey, Cap, & Iron Man), and remember selling it for $200 on ebay back in 2003 ! With a bent corner. :o

Oh yeah, and AFA sucks!

Rick

Ya they do that a lot with action figures. Kenner loved to recycle Star wars figures and playsets for later movie sets.

I like to think of the Sherwood Forest playset as The Ewok Village at night.

:roflmao: