• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Death, Return and Reign of Superman OA Pages etc.

37 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!

I am a total newbie when it comes to OA, but I won my first piece of OA a few weeks ago and once I got it in I could believe how much I liked it. It was a page from Superman v.2 #80 page 19.

!Bjz3RrwB2k~$(KGrHqYOKiYEsnul0o3)BLU7RyL(CQ~~_3.JPG

I am fond of this run, that many probably hate, but it was what got me into collecting comics.

So I just wanted to put a feeler out there if you have any of these pages and would like to sell them or know where I can find more I would really appreciate it. Here is the list of books that I would like to buy the art from:

Action Comics 683-693

Adventures of Superman 496-505

Green Lantern v3 #46 (pages with Superman on them)

Justice League 69-71

Superman v2 74-83

Superman: The Man of Steel 17-27

Thank you very much for your time!

Bryan

just a note to anyone who might find this old thread and have any art for sale. I have A LOT of money to blow, probably more than bryan (no offense), so please hit me up first. I guarantee you will not be sorry if it's a page I'm interested in.

Looking for covers, splash pages, interesting panels from the Death of Superman, Funeral for a Friend, and Reign of Supermen storylines.

Also looking for Batman Knightfall, Knightsend, and Knightquest pages as well.

Any Green Lantern Emerald Twilight pages will also be appreciated.

Again, hit me up first. Let me take something off your hands for a nice price.

just a note to anyone who might find this old thread and have any art for sale. I have A LOT of money to blow, probably more than bryan (no offense), so please hit me up first. I guarantee you will not be sorry if it's a page I'm interested in.

Looking for covers, splash pages, interesting panels from the Death of Superman, Funeral for a Friend, and Reign of Supermen storylines.

Also looking for Batman Knightfall, Knightsend, and Knightquest pages as well.

Any Green Lantern Emerald Twilight pages will also be appreciated.

Again, hit me up first. Let me take something off your hands for a nice price.

:slapfight:

Kind of scary that you know how much I have to spend :o

Did you get the page that Doug Hazelwood had for sale the other day on eBay? It was from Adventures 500. Pretty cool page. I passed on it when he offered it to me because I have got some other pages coming that were higher up on my list. They aren't Death of Superman related though. :( 2 of them do have Cyborg Superman though.

Just an FYI....all pages from Superman 75 were auctioned off at the time of the books release....

Dan Jurgens told me the only page he kept was the one that had Superman flying towards Doomsday, leaving Lois behind saying, "Now Doomsday gets his!"

Neat page....but those Superman 75 pages...never saw one....

Just an FYI....all pages from Superman 75 were auctioned off at the time of the books release....

Dan Jurgens told me the only page he kept was the one that had Superman flying towards Doomsday, leaving Lois behind saying, "Now Doomsday gets his!"

Neat page....but those Superman 75 pages...never saw one....

I didn't know about the #75 auctions, so thanks for sharing. The page Jurgens kept was very visible in the background during his interview on the Superman/Doomsday DVD. It was very cool seeing it on his wall.

:)

I didn't mean to offend anyone. I also didn't mean to imply that I knew what bryan's financial portfolio looks like. I'll go on record to say I have about $20,000 in my savings that I have to work with if something rare and unique came across my path in regards to the items that i mentioned in the previous page that I am looking for which bryan is as well.

I just wanted anyone that might have anything pertaining to those pages that I have deep pockets and to please PM me first if you want to get the best bang for your buck and wait for a response if you have anything you'd be willing to part with. I'm also interested in any comics or splash pages (half splash sometimes count too) for the old Mirage TMNT books or the Archie series (issues 20 and back).

I didn't mean to offend anyone. I also didn't mean to imply that I knew what bryan's financial portfolio looks like. I'll go on record to say I have about $20,000 in my savings that I have to work with if something rare and unique came across my path in regards to the items that i mentioned in the previous page that I am looking for which bryan is as well.

I just wanted anyone that might have anything pertaining to those pages that I have deep pockets and to please PM me first if you want to get the best bang for your buck and wait for a response if you have anything you'd be willing to part with. I'm also interested in any comics or splash pages (half splash sometimes count too) for the old Mirage TMNT books or the Archie series (issues 20 and back).

IMHO, it is very uncool to jump into someone else's want to buy thread and say 'come to me first'.

It would be much more respectful to start your own thread stating what you are looking for, rather than trying to undermine someone else's search.

Not board rules as such, but just common collector courtesy. :gossip:

I guess you're right. I think it's easier for sellers though to find the best prices for their pieces if all the interest in one thread versus multiple threads. I guess that was my way of thinking. This pieces are my number one wants in regards to comic art and I would like to make generous offers for them even if that means edging out the competition. When it comes to buying artwork, it's usually not a first come, first serve kind of thing. It's whoever has the highest bid. Just my two cents.

I'm also a huge fan of Jurgens early 90's art...

I think his best Superman art was actually in the two or three years

leading to the "Death/Return" storyline, maybe even superior to the

art in the famed storyline.

IMO, one of the reasons Jurgens looked so darned amazing during

that time was due to the incredible (and incredibly underrated)

Brett Breeding as his finisher.

Brett art also shined with Kerry Gammill pencils...(another master).

While being a huge fan of most of the SUPERMAN artists of that period,

my own collection still sorely lacks fine examples from that time...

Gal

Art, not run of the mill 90' comics.

Thought I'd give this page a bump as a reminder. Always looking for the aforementioned pages and paying very well for them so don't hesitate to hit me up first.

I still have that piece of art that you said you were going to buy from me.