• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- Seeding Round

337 posts in this topic

doh! Looks like I got only 4 bang on. Fortunately a pack of near misses saved me from too many whiffs.

BTW (cue the sour grapes)

Hard to see how that GS got a 9.6 with that tiny LRFC color breaking crease. (shrug)

Dont send it in for a re sub... that for sure...

Who will grab the last four spots?

61. slseals 8- 5 vs. 68. xsmanx 5- 7

62. 1koko 8 -5 vs. 67. Boozad 6- 8

63. marvelcollector 7- 5 vs. 66. cookie1963 7- 6

64. Byosti 7 -5 vs. 65. Flatrock02 7 -6

hm

Gonna go with

slseals

1koko

marvelcollector

Flatrock02

when do the play-in games occur or did i miss that post?

I hope not because then i would have missed it toooo.

Yep, you both are definitely on the same page. (thumbs u

That pretty much nails it on the head. I will have the play-in scans up tonight along with the rules for these and subsequent games. We'll run the play-in games in this thread and start a new thread to begin the tournament.

I just wanted to say how impressive Toro has been through all the grading contests these past years. He won Nik's Grading Contest TWICE in a row and now he apparently didn't miss a single book in the Seeding Round within the constraints of the current contest.

(worship)

Thanks Shin!

I'm laughing about my score being so high. When I was going through the results I was mad at myself for overgrading 6 books and I think I only nailed 3. If anything I usually undergrade not overgrade. I'm still scratching my head on the GS Cap. I called that one a 9.2 :tonofbricks: I did get lucky and picked the trim on the Thor.

I just wanted to say how impressive Toro has been through all the grading contests these past years. He won Nik's Grading Contest TWICE in a row and now he apparently didn't miss a single book in the Seeding Round within the constraints of the current contest.

(worship)

Yep, he's a tough-azz grader . . . but at least he didn't nail them all! :ohnoez:

If he ends up winning this one, we'll have to either ban him or handicap everyone else lol

pre-emptive ban? :shrug:

Hey!!! None of that. I think I remember someone pushing me to the end a few times. Heck last year in this contest I only made the elite 8 before I got knocked out.

I see myself getting knocked out by some Cinderella team early this time.

when do the play-in games occur or did i miss that post?

I hope not because then i would have missed it toooo.

Yep, you both are definitely on the same page. (thumbs u

That pretty much nails it on the head. I will have the play-in scans up tonight along with the rules for these and subsequent games. We'll run the play-in games in this thread and start a new thread to begin the tournament.

When entering, and then actually playing in a contest, the ability to READ is a wonderful asset... :makepoint:

But seriously, and I don't mean for this to be a TOTAL NEWB alert...please READ the information posted here and do not CARPET-BOMB Nostalgic Attic with PMs asking questions where all the information is already here...he's got his hands full just running this thing without having to answer a lot of already-answered FAQs!! :baiting::sumo:

:jokealert:

Well...sort of... :insane::tonofbricks:(::frustrated::pullhair::devil:

(worship)

Thanks Shin!

I'm laughing about my score being so high. When I was going through the results I was mad at myself for overgrading 6 books and I think I only nailed 3. If anything I usually undergrade not overgrade. I'm still scratching my head on the GS Cap. I called that one a 9.2 :tonofbricks: I did get lucky and picked the trim on the Thor.

The trim on the Thor seemed like a gimmie to me.

Just scroll the page real fast on the Thor and watch the edge on the book roll around.

Looks like a grade school kid trimmed it with safety scissors to me. lol

At least I know I was a serious undergrader. You're all safe buying raw books from me meh

I wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard this line . . . :whistle: I'd be a rich man. lol

Well every book I've sold as a 9.4 that ended up being subbed so far has come back a 9.8. So if I'd have kept them I'd have been a rich man.

Or at least a lot better off.

At least I know I was a serious undergrader. You're all safe buying raw books from me meh

I wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard this line . . . :whistle: I'd be a rich man. lol

Well every book I've sold as a 9.4 that ended up being subbed so far has come back a 9.8. So if I'd have kept them I'd have been a rich man.

9.8 moderns are a dime a dozen . . . meh

If you can find me six copies of Chew #1 first print in raw 9.8 for half a dime :takeit:

If you can find me six copies of Chew #1 in raw 9.8 for half a dime :takeit:

Next year, when they're back to selling for $2 lol I'd rather have Screw #1 than Chew #1.