• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament- Seeding Round

337 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say how impressive Toro has been through all the grading contests these past years. He won Nik's Grading Contest TWICE in a row and now he apparently didn't miss a single book in the Seeding Round within the constraints of the current contest.

(worship)

I just wanted to say how impressive Toro has been through all the grading contests these past years. He won Nik's Grading Contest TWICE in a row and now he apparently didn't miss a single book in the Seeding Round within the constraints of the current contest.

(worship)

very true

we are all the bulls

he yells toro

and sticks us

(worship)

Yep, he's a tough-azz grader . . . but at least he didn't nail them all! :ohnoez:

If he ends up winning this one, we'll have to either ban him or handicap everyone else lol

(worship)

Yep, he's a tough-azz grader . . . but at least he didn't nail them all! :ohnoez:

If he ends up winning this one, we'll have to either ban him or handicap everyone else lol

pre-emptive ban? :shrug:

It is the top 32 right that are seeded right? me am stoopid

I believe all 63 get seeded, and last year's winner gets a bye the first round.

Nope. :makepoint:

(shrug)

Here' show I think Tom will do it: 68 teams total, but we need 64 for the weekend tourney. Therefore, the last eight teams:

61. slseals 8- 5

62. 1koko 8 -5

63. marvelcollector 7- 5

64. Byosti 7 -5

65. Flatrock02 7 -6

66. cookie1963 7- 6

67. Boozad 6- 8

68. xsmanx 5- 7

Each have a head-to-head "play-in" game, i.e.,:

61. slseals 8- 5 vs. 68. xsmanx 5- 7

62. 1koko 8 -5 vs. 67. Boozad 6- 8

63. marvelcollector 7- 5 vs. 66. cookie1963 7- 6

64. Byosti 7 -5 vs. 65. Flatrock02 7 -6

The four winners of the play-in games advancing to the 61. through 64. seeds. :grin:

But hey, this is only a guess . . . ;)

That pretty much nails it on the head. I will have the play-in scans up tonight along with the rules for these and subsequent games. We'll run the play-in games in this thread and start a new thread to begin the tournament.

At least I know I was a serious undergrader. You're all safe buying raw books from me meh

I wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard this line . . . :whistle: I'd be a rich man. lol

Who will grab the last four spots?

hm

Who will grab the last four spots?

hm

I'll take a bite

61. xsmanx

62. Boozad

63. Marvelcollector

64.Byosti

At least I know I was a serious undergrader. You're all safe buying raw books from me meh

You were supposed to play it cool and wait for someone else to point that out. Now we're going to suspect that you simply undergraded everything as an obvious marketing ploy! lol