• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #181 club

818 posts in this topic

aaaaand the UK!

UK181.jpg

I wonder why the UK version had changed the art to make Hulk take one on the chin vs biting into Wolverines arm? Its great to see the subtle changes.

IIRC, Romita, the art director at the time, had the face re-drawn for hulk 181. When it was reprinted in the UK mag a couple years later they used the original cover.

aaaaand the UK!

UK181.jpg

I wonder why the UK version had changed the art to make Hulk take one on the chin vs biting into Wolverines arm? Its great to see the subtle changes.

IIRC, Romita, the art director at the time, had the face re-drawn for hulk 181. When it was reprinted in the UK mag a couple years later they used the original cover.

Yeah i asked Mr Trimpe and he said he had to redraw the face before it was published but the original had already been sent to the UK and that's what was printed.

Well there's a CGC 9.8 copy DOUBLE COVER ending soon on C-Link today. Whoever bought that CGC 9.9 copy for $150k is a fool wasting his money.

I'll never understand the double covers where the outer cover is significantly lower than the inner. that Hulk181 has a 9.4 outer cover. Dont get me wrong, i think it would be cool to have a high grade double cover mega key. It would drive me freaking CRAZY though to drop 9.8 coin and then some to be looking at a 9.4 every time i took out the book though (shrug)

Well there's a CGC 9.8 copy DOUBLE COVER ending soon on C-Link today. Whoever bought that CGC 9.9 copy for $150k is a fool wasting his money.
Not if you're super rich :insane:

lol

True, but I could think of better things to buy and or investments to use with $150k.

lol

True, but I could think of better things to buy and or investments to use with $150k.

Action #1 or a Tec #27 would be a better buy than a CGC 9.9 Hulk #181 :cool:

lol

Action #1 or a Tec #27 would be a better buy than a CGC 9.9 Hulk #181 :cool:

You could buy either an action 1 in CGC 1.5ish condition or 2.0 Tec 27

aaaaand the UK!

UK181.jpg

Yeah i asked Mr Trimpe and he said he had to redraw the face before it was published but the original had already been sent to the UK and that's what was printed.

What a neat little factoid! Great books Liam! (thumbs u