• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #181 club

818 posts in this topic

No I have one of those multi printer, scanner, fax - Brother machines.

Thats your problem right there dude.....

Most digital cameras have a way to turn off the flash? Search the web for the answer.... im sure its out there! (thumbs u

Beautiful entry to the club by the way! :applause:

Wolverine sux! :baiting:

In a H2H fight against Iron Fist (non-mutant and non-super powered hero) in IF#15, yeah he suct there and his first movie did too. Other then that he is no different from the other heroes.

Read thru this thread. IF is no joke and he is a super-powered hero. What do you think the Ironfist is?

Is Stan Lee's signature relevant on a Hulk #181 in such nice condition, or does that actually damage the book's value since Stan Lee was only the publisher, but neither the writer nor creator of Wolverine (although he did create The Hulk) it seems odd to have his signature on a high grade book. I'd think most collectors would balk at the opportunity to buy a 9.6 signed VS a 9.6 unsigned, which I'd think would be more desirable. Stan Lee's signature actually distracts from the book's beauty and that awesome 9.6 condition in my opinion.

There's a ton of 181s out there. The census has 175 in 9.6 but only 8 that are SS. If there is a collector that doesnt want Stan's sig, one can easily find a universal 9.6. I doubt it would hurt the value. For those interested in SS, its much harder to find or an even bigger gamble to risk getting a 9.6 signed, becuase of the possibility of it going down in grade. There's only one SS copy in 9.6 in GPA, and that copy sold for 6k more than the GPA ave for 9.6.

Personally, I would have left it blue and got a lower grade signed. ( I had my 6.5 signed instead of my 9.2) But to each their own.

I'm with you on leaving the book a blue label,but to each his own. (shrug)

Yeah got to agree. The sig is too big IMHO and distracts from the glory of the cover.

Personally, just me and I don't know if anyone has done this before, but if I had to have Stan's sig on this book I would have had him sign the back cover. hm

I tend to agree with you that as a purist, a book should look like it came out of press since an autograph or a stamp defaces the beauty of the book. But the FANBOY in me, loves to get books signed by my favorite artists/writers. And this was one book I've been trying to get since I started collecting comics back in the 80's. So, I wanted to have something that I can appreciate which is why I had Stan and Herb sign it. If I can, I'd like to be Len and Romita Sr to sign it as well to complete it. And to me, those signatures make the book more appealing.

However, when I eventually get a Hulk 181 cgc 9.8, and my intention is to keep it unblemished and in prestine shape. So, I'll have 1 copy signed and the other unsigned.

Normally, my FanBoy side usually wins out when I attend conventions and I am always happy to meet my favorite creators and have them sign something. I guess it's the little kid in me that's wanting this. But to each his/her own.

I'm a bit out of the loop regarding prices for this book in mid-grade. Is it still possible to get Hulk 181 in 4.0 for less than $200? I'm not looking to get a copy right now but hopefully will buy one at some point this year.

In my experience, you're looking at 300+ for vg. Good luck.

Thanks. I guess I could go up to $310 for a Hulk 181 as long as it's at least a VG copy.