• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who else has been spammed by Dekeuk ?

172 posts in this topic

I got a pm also, but my request was for pics of me doing pullups on the beach. I didn't see the harm, so I sent them to him. I obviously made a huge mistake.

I got it via PM.

I got it from a toilet seat....

wait..... what were we talking about again?

Should be fun times if he ever decides to sell on here again.

Maybe. The thing is, despite his actions people who are unaware continue to respond to his posts. Although I don't know whether folks still buy from him or not. In his most recent sales thread, a few folks mentioned questionable tactics and were pounced on by other forumites.

I recieved the PM as well. I politely declined.

I have had a few dealings with Robert. All turned out well. As to the other stuff you guys are discussing concerning him, I dont know enough to comment on.

He is a contractor, he is involved in renovations of this nature, and I have no reason to think this is a shady deal he offered. More than likely a Highly optomistic assesment of value and return.

Thats my two cents.

Maybe. The thing is, despite his actions people who are unaware continue to respond to his posts. Although I don't know whether folks still buy from him or not. In his most recent sales thread, a few folks mentioned questionable tactics and were pounced on by other forumites.

I don't care, I'll bust on him mercilessly if I see him selling, but that's mainly because he stole the whole investment idea from me. I got tuiton to pay.

I have had a few dealings with Robert. All turned out well. As to the other stuff you guys are discussing concerning him, I dont know enough to comment on.

He is a contractor, he is involved in renovations of this nature, and I have no reason to think this is a shady deal he offered. More than likely a Highly optomistic assesment of value and return.

Thats my two cents.

He's bought from me as well with no problems.

I will say that I've had friends and board member friends go in on stuff with me (comics, investments, etc) and I've solicited people's help but I was selective about who it was.

I think what is most irksome about this is that he mass spammed everyone. He may very well have a good thing going, but the way it comes across is not very professional.

I don't care, I'll bust on him mercilessly if I see him selling, but that's mainly because he stole the whole investment idea from me. I got tuiton to pay.

Ab and trap shots aren't paying the bills?

Here's a summary:

a) Dekeuk creates a sales thread where he admits that every book is intentionally overgraded - he explains this away by saying that the grades were meant for his ebay customers, not people on the boards. Buttock chimes in by saying:

"I bought from you on ebay once. It was overgraded. You're a piece of *spoon* for doing that intentionally. I hope nobody buys from you."

Much rightful bashing of dekeuk ensues.

b) Dekeuk tries to sell a lot of "vintage 1970s" batman banners for $150 in multiple sales threads in the GA/SA/BA forum. He's repeatedly informed that the banners are from the 80s & 90s, yet chooses to ignore this. JC calls him out on this, and also posts a link to the ebay auction where dekeuk bought the banners for $10.

If you are considering going into business with this crackpot, you should get your head examined.

Here's a summary:

a) Dekeuk creates a sales thread where he admits that every book is intentionally overgraded - he explains this away by saying that the grades were meant for his ebay customers, not people on the boards. Buttock chimes in by saying:

"I bought from you on ebay once. It was overgraded. You're a piece of *spoon* for doing that intentionally. I hope nobody buys from you."

b) Dekeuk tries to sell a lot of "vintage 1970s" batman banners for $150 in multiple sales threads in the GA/SA/BA forum. He's repeatedly informed that the banners are from the 80s & 90s, yet chooses to ignore this. JC calls him out on this, and also posts a link to the ebay auction where dekeuk bought the banners for $10.

If you are considering going into business with this crackpot, you should get your head examined.

Good summary, concise.

Add to that the "Glen Gary Glen Ross" feel of the Spam email and I would advise folks to run away from anything remotely associated.

NO NO NO NOOOOOOO!!

No intention of going into Buisness with anyone. My Business keps me occupied thank you!!

Thanks for the update though. I missed all that drama.

Here's a summary:

Good summary, concise.

Add to that the "Glen Gary Glen Ross" feel of the Spam email and I would advise folks to run away from anything remotely associated.

Can we also add in the continual bumping of his books to the front page on CLink? (shrug)

yeah, i'm gonna be first in line to give a guy money who doesn't have a LinkedIn profile, who doesn't seem to have any information about himself on the Internet, and who represents himself as the owner of a "capital markets" company that doesn't have a website.

everything the guy does screams "caveat emptor" to me, and apparently to many others, as well

Incorrect.

But don't let that stop you. (thumbs u

Linkedin Link.

oh no, i saw that. how do you think i knew he 'owned' a capital markets firm?

it's got exactly zero information in it. it's a profile in the strictest sense of the word, but it's not a profile by the spirit. a profile actually might give a viewer some information of whom you might be, rather than a name, a company and "Contact Settings"

Here's a summary:

One of my finer moments. :acclaim:

Here's a summary:

a) Dekeuk creates a sales thread where he admits that every book is intentionally overgraded - he explains this away by saying that the grades were meant for his ebay customers, not people on the boards.

:roflmao: How did I forget about this? :roflmao: