• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who else has been spammed by Dekeuk ?

172 posts in this topic

If I'm going to spend 10K, I'm not going to give it to some shyster involved in a ponzi scheme. I would give it to the guy selling the Larson Superman 1 so I can be on the list to get a shot at it :insane:

I'm pizzed. I never got contacted for a chance to invest in his scheme, er, ah, I mean business plan.

What does he think I am? A nobody with no money? Heck, I buy comic books for a hundred times cover price or more. Surely I have money to throw around nilly willy.

:frustrated:

I recieved the PM as well. I politely declined.

I have had a few dealings with Robert. All turned out well. As to the other stuff you guys are discussing concerning him, I dont know enough to comment on.

He is a contractor, he is involved in renovations of this nature, and I have no reason to think this is a shady deal he offered. More than likely a Highly optomistic assesment of value and return.

Here's a summary:

a) Dekeuk creates a sales thread where he admits that every book is intentionally overgraded - he explains this away by saying that the grades were meant for his ebay customers, not people on the boards. Buttock chimes in by saying:

"I bought from you on ebay once. It was overgraded. You're a piece of *spoon* for doing that intentionally. I hope nobody buys from you."

Much rightful bashing of dekeuk ensues.

b) Dekeuk tries to sell a lot of "vintage 1970s" batman banners for $150 in multiple sales threads in the GA/SA/BA forum. He's repeatedly informed that the banners are from the 80s & 90s, yet chooses to ignore this. JC calls him out on this, and also posts a link to the ebay auction where dekeuk bought the banners for $10.

If you are considering going into business with this crackpot, you should get your head examined.

Good summary, concise.

Add to that the "Glen Gary Glen Ross" feel of the Spam email and I would advise folks to run away from anything remotely associated.

Can we also add in the continual bumping of his books to the front page on CLink? (shrug)

Is there some secret to knowing who the sellers are on clink other than recognizing someones books?

From what I know, as someone who has never bought or sold there,they are completely anonymous which deters me from buying there.

If that is the case they should at least have some sort of ID so you can see what else they are selling and their history.

"Glen Gary Glen Ross"

:cloud9:

Coffee's for closers! :sumo:

3rd Place is..."You're Fired!"

Once he retains a lawyer

Maybe one of the fine attorneys here will help him out :roflmao:

You mean "help him out" the door?

I'm pizzed. I never got contacted for a chance to invest his his scheme, er, ah, I mean business plan.

What does he think I am? A nobody with no money? Heck, I buy comic books for a hundred times cover price or more. Surely I have money to throw around nilly willy.

+1 :(

I recieved the PM as well. I politely declined.

I have had a few dealings with Robert. All turned out well. As to the other stuff you guys are discussing concerning him, I dont know enough to comment on.

He is a contractor, he is involved in renovations of this nature, and I have no reason to think this is a shady deal he offered. More than likely a Highly optomistic assesment of value and return.

Here's a summary:

a) Dekeuk creates a sales thread where he admits that every book is intentionally overgraded - he explains this away by saying that the grades were meant for his ebay customers, not people on the boards. Buttock chimes in by saying:

"I bought from you on ebay once. It was overgraded. You're a piece of *spoon* for doing that intentionally. I hope nobody buys from you."

Much rightful bashing of dekeuk ensues.

b) Dekeuk tries to sell a lot of "vintage 1970s" batman banners for $150 in multiple sales threads in the GA/SA/BA forum. He's repeatedly informed that the banners are from the 80s & 90s, yet chooses to ignore this. JC calls him out on this, and also posts a link to the ebay auction where dekeuk bought the banners for $10.

If you are considering going into business with this crackpot, you should get your head examined.

Good summary, concise.

Add to that the "Glen Gary Glen Ross" feel of the Spam email and I would advise folks to run away from anything remotely associated.

Nice theatre quote!

Dan

if he is indeed owns/runs/involves in an investment management firm, then the firm is likely not registered under any regulatory bodies such as FINRA or the SEC...because the word GUARANTEED IS A BIG (tsk)

If you think it is hard to recoup investment swindled with firms under those regulatory bodies (i.e. Madoff and Sanford...), then by no means avoid anything that operates outside of those umbrellas.

I'm pizzed. I never got contacted for a chance to invest his his scheme, er, ah, I mean business plan.

+1 :(

+2

I got mine 2nd hand...Wait, maybe this was a compliment (not getting spammed:) :acclaim:

I got the PM. :whee:

I'll take 10k from you. Can I have it in pounds sterling?

Would you like it hand delivered to your door? Maybe with a nice refreshing beer? Perhaps I could get an attractive, scantily clad female to deliver the 10k to you?

Would you like it hand delivered to your door? Maybe with a nice refreshing beer? Perhaps I could get an attractive, scantily clad female to deliver the 10k to you?

This is starting to sound pretty good. I didn't even have to send a ponzi scheme spam notice. Take that, Dekeuk!!!!

I can guarantee an 80% return on any size investment anyone would like to share with me within 24 hours. You give me $10k, I'll get $8k back to you promptly.

You don't know when to quit, do ya Griswold?... Here's an idea: Why don't you give me half the money your were gonna to bet, then we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a day!