• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

Wonder Woman from this era is impossible to find in grade...

IMG_3476.jpg

I was wondering when someone would post some WWs in this thread. Very hard indeed!

Not sure if this qualifies as "high grade" but it's definitely a tough find. I remember spending the majority of my first year here on the boards trying to track down a copy of this book and I managed to obtain readers copy from a fellow board member (Hepcat, if I'm not mistaken) but I never came across a high grade until recently. I was fortunate enough to win this copy in the last Comic Connect auction:

WF65_zps4930af6b.jpg

:cloud9:

Nice copy!! I like this cover, I picture Batman saying "Let Supes do the heavy work and we'll take the women!!" :devil:

lol

I remember spending the majority of my first year here on the boards trying to track down a copy of this book and I managed to obtain readers copy from a fellow board member (Hepcat, if I'm not mistaken) but I never came across a high grade until recently. I was fortunate enough to win this copy in the last Comic Connect auction:

WF65_zps4930af6b.jpg

No, that wasn't from me.

(shrug)

It seems to me that Unexpecteds are a bit more scarce than HOS, HOM, or MGA. Anyone else have an opinion on which of these series is scarcest?

Age adjusted I think the toughest of those titles would be My Greatest Adventure.

(shrug)

Here are a few more of my Tales of the Unexpected comics:

TalesoftheUnexpected57.jpg

TalesoftheUnexpected58.jpg

TalesoftheUnexpected59.jpg

TalesoftheUnexpected60.jpg

TalesoftheUnexpected64.jpg

:cool: