• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #1 Club

1,679 posts in this topic

Hmm, I'm not sure WD mania is relational to the show coming out. It's been a pretty big cult hit for some time. Will the prices be like today? No. But I think they will stay pretty high for a modern.

Pat

Agreed this book was hot before there was ever talk of the show. Overstreet even had this being hot two years ago.The show could make it go two ways, either make it hotter as mainstream is about to find out about it or cool a little. I doubt you will ever find Walking Dead #1 in the dollar bins anymore. ;)

Hmm, I'm not sure WD mania is relational to the show coming out. It's been a pretty big cult hit for some time. Will the prices be like today? No. But I think they will stay pretty high for a modern.

Pat

Agreed this book was hot before there was ever talk of the show. Overstreet even had this being hot two years ago.The show could make it go two ways, either make it hotter as mainstream is about to find out about it or cool a little. I doubt you will ever find Walking Dead #1 in the dollar bins anymore. ;)

i'd like to know who found one in a dollar bin.

Pat

I heard stories of that when it first came out but my statement was meant to imply this series has arrived and won`t be considered early 1990`s dreck that people have no interest in if the show fails. ;)

Pat

I heard stories of that when it first came out but my statement was meant to imply this series has arrived and won`t be considered early 1990`s dreck that people have no interest in if the show fails. ;)

I'm new, atleast to the point of obsessing on completing a completest run. so, I didnt have the luxory of grabbing the early issues off the rack. but, I always had the impression that this title was kinda hot initialy? I wouldn't think this first issue would ever be in the $1 bin. am I wrong?

Pat

I'm new, atleast to the point of obsessing on completing a completest run. so, I didnt have the luxory of grabbing the early issues off the rack. but, I always had the impression that this title was kinda hot initialy? I wouldn't think this first issue would ever be in the $1 bin. am I wrong?

you right, i can't see one of these books ending up in a dollar bin, ever! i walked into my lcs the day this book was released, read it off the shelf, picked up all five copies, paid and left. the very same day i submitted four to CGC...fantastic first read...

My raw Hulk 181 (with value stamp) just sold for less than my 9.6 Walking Dead 1.

how much did u sell it for

I need to get myself a 181 , its one of those comics that i must have in my life time .

My raw Hulk 181 (with value stamp) just sold for less than my 9.6 Walking Dead 1.

how much did u sell it for

I need to get myself a 181 , its one of those comics that i must have in my life time .

Both books sold on ebay by me earlier:

Hulk 181 sold for $343.48

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320512473816&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

Walking Dead 1 CGC 9.6 Black Label sold for $355

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320512462221&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT