• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bravo to all!!!!

20 posts in this topic

I'm getting close to my one year anniversary with CGC and I even though I have been the type of member who doesn't post much and I haven't formed any real relationships with any other boardies, I have enjoyed my time as a member of CGC more than I could possibly express.

I just wanted to say bravo to all of you for being THE absolute best forum on the web.

I know of no other forum that has as many posts as this one. I log on nearly every day, most days several times a day and there is never a shortage of new posts or new comments to read. I may not agree with all of the viewpoints expressed, but at least there is never a LACK of opinion to be found on CGC. I have been on forums before where there would be droughts for days at a time without a new post or even a new comment. Most forums aren't as bad as that, but none have ever been this good.

Thanks all, for making my first year of membership more than worth the money,

Alan Whittaker

Muscatine, Iowa

Nice thoughts, Alan, and I couldn't agree more. (thumbs u

Me either...this is definitely my "hangout spot" on the web. I'm a much more knowledgeable collector having been on these boards. Its all because of the people I've met here...this board has amazing members.

The wealth of knowledge here is staggering, no matter what Age you collect. If you need an answer to something, chances are someone here knows it (or will post an unrelated gif or jpeg). And the people here aren't too bad, either (thumbs u

I agree.

This by far the best comics related forum I've been around. I learn something new everyday.

One problem, since I've joined, my spending on comics has grown significantly.

So many books so little time (and money).

I posted on here a year or two ago, that with all of my travels through the internet. I have found the most intelligent people to be on this forum. The wit here is astounding.

Back when I posted this the first time, I attributed some of it to that fact that we read. We like to read. I read comic books when I was a kid, and I did not read much of anything else. "They" made me smarter and taught me to read well, with comprehension. Some of the comic books I read taught me more than school did (sad to say but true). Contrary to popular belief (Zap, Zow and Pow), comic books often have very scientific language in them. That a kid would otherwise not ever read.

(now, if only comic books had taught me to spell and write well) :)

I know of no other forum that has as many posts as this one.

Am I the only one who got a chuckle out of this? Well Alan, that's easy to explain. This is a comic book forum full of geeks, nerds and dweebs. Of course we have nothing better to do than post all day long. Silly rabbit.

This place is Comics U. Period. No other place onthe web has this many knowledgeable collectors. I have amassed a library of comic knowledge from the people here.

There are a lot of very genuine and generous people here, too. (thumbs u

I know of no other forum that has as many posts as this one.

Am I the only one who got a chuckle out of this? Well Alan, that's easy to explain. This is a comic book forum full of geeks, nerds and dweebs. Of course we have nothing better to do than post all day long. Silly rabbit.

LMAO...I guess it is too late for me to remove my post...OOPS,I did it again. :)