• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,219 posts in this topic

Picked this up last week at Montreal Comiccon.

Lots of mags this time but I either had them or they weren't in high enough grade for me  - but a good sign that there was lots of choice.

On a side note, this issue is in color and it really doesn't appeal to me!!

Hulk 17.jpg

8 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Picked this up last week at Montreal Comiccon.

Lots of mags this time but I either had them or they weren't in high enough grade for me  - but a good sign that there was lots of choice.

On a side note, this issue is in color and it really doesn't appeal to me!!

Hulk 17.jpg

I did not know the interior was black and white by this issue of hulk rampage

3 hours ago, batmiesta said:

I think it was black and white up to issue #9 then colour thereafter. 

Any excuse to show one of my all time favourite covers. 

Picture031.jpg

I was amazed at the time that Marvel let that see through top get published on a mainstream character like Hulk.

22 hours ago, boomtown said:

I was amazed at the time that Marvel let that see through top get published on a mainstream character like Hulk.

One of the main reasons for Marvel’s magazine line was that they were not subjected to the Comic Code Authority and thus could publish more mature/risky content, which was especially evident in the horror/monster magazines.

13 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

One of the main reasons for Marvel’s magazine line was that they were not subjected to the Comic Code Authority and thus could publish more mature/risky content, which was especially evident in the horror/monster magazines.

That's certainly one of the reasons why I was attracted to them...

5 hours ago, Rune said:

Incredible - I won an award - didn't think I had any chances this year - nearly got tears in my eyes when I saw it - yes, it really moved me, thank you CGC! :foryou:

Best Presented Sets
comic_best_presented2018.gif

Rune - Boris the Savage - Savage Sword of Conan (Boris Vallejo Covers Only)
Rune, we agree! Dr. Jones would say “This should be in a museum!“ Your dedication to consistently upgrading these works of art is truly commendable and has not gone unnoticed. We understand the struggle in trying to find these oversized gems in such amazing condition and applaud your tireless efforts. We have our fingers crossed for you to find that missing #15 in high grade to finish off this beautiful set.

It's this set (I know, it's embarrassing I didn't get a photo of the #13 back cover - again, really didn't expect to win anything this year, I'll take the photo later today :blush:). All mags are the highest graded and have pure WP (except #13, it's the second highest graded and has OW-W) . As noted, I'm still trying to find #15 - that is, the single highest graded #15, sigh...

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=115064&SelectedTab=SetListing

Unavngivet.thumb.jpg.e0d234753b2295e7f89c50f0e02b8951.jpg

Awesome registry set with photo an descriptions??‼️?? I cant wait to read the whole thing‼️‼️ Congrats on your award ???‼️ Great job‼️‼️?

5 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

Awesome registry set with photo an descriptions??‼️?? I cant wait to read the whole thing‼️‼️ Congrats on your award ???‼️ Great job‼️‼️?

Thank you (all :-) - I hope my descriptions aren't too boring :smile: - I think it's great that CGC shows appreciation for such a limited magazine collection. Actually I'm not sure that my mag presentations are that great; I'm wondering if the CGC also gave me the award to show some appreciation for the Savage Sword of Conan magazines, given that my set isn't complete, and currently no one has been able to collect the first 100 issues in a set (I had high hopes for Topnot (Al) to do this, but I'm not sure he prioritizes his set much these days - at least he sold #12 some months ago on eBay).