• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,247 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2021 at 10:27 AM, fett said:

do you have the so-called 2nd print? 

MarvelPreview011.jpg

MarvelPreview011A.jpg

Something about that one always seemed off to me… I know Heinlein objected, but I don’t get when there was time for a lot of the original version to be distributed, AND a lot of the corrected.  I would expect one or the other to be rare… either a small number of the original before an early injunction, or a small run of the corrected to satisfy lawyers.  But the two versions both seem fairly common.  (My copy has the blurb, I should grab the other one of these years.)

On 9/6/2021 at 1:16 PM, OtherEric said:

Something about that one always seemed off to me… I know Heinlein objected, but I don’t get when there was time for a lot of the original version to be distributed, AND a lot of the corrected.  I would expect one or the other to be rare… either a small number of the original before an early injunction, or a small run of the corrected to satisfy lawyers.  But the two versions both seem fairly common.  (My copy has the blurb, I should grab the other one of these years.)

first print is definitely always the way to go. I bought the original with the Heinlein text originally as a kid, then reaquired the issue later, but the second one I bought was a 2nd print, and I did not know about there being 2 versions. So I made sure I tracked one down asap just in case a few years back. Not sure of the print runs of course. 

https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-194/

Edited by fett