• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,219 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2022 at 5:51 PM, speedcake said:

Yep. Got a discount off the sticker price for paying cash, but the guy was pretty set on his pricing. They are all quite nice copies so I think I did pretty well 

How’s that Nightmare 20 looking? hm

Man, nostalgia just ain't what it used to be...

On 10/20/2022 at 9:28 PM, Axe Elf said:

You're punching above your weight with some of those nicer books there @OtherEric!  The 106 and 109 look really good!

Call those two mycomicshop.com lottery ticket wins... they were both listed as GD and cost $2.60 each.  They're not perfect but they're definitely extreme examples of glorious MCS undergrading.

On 10/20/2022 at 11:36 PM, OtherEric said:

Call those two mycomicshop.com lottery ticket wins... they were both listed as GD and cost $2.60 each.  They're not perfect but they're definitely extreme examples of glorious MCS undergrading.

WOW!  That is not bad at all.  Back covers must be covered in mold...

Heh, glad they're not covered in mold, but man... 2.0?  They look like solid 7.5s minimum, if not 8.0s or even 8.5s.  I'm hard pressed to see any flaws in the pics at all.

I get that they'd rather undergrade than overgrade, but at some point extreme undergrading like that becomes just as incompetent (if not as greedy) as calling an actual 2.0 an 8.0 or something.  I'd rather they just say, "see pics for condition" than call it something it's obviously not.

It's almost like they sent you the wrong copies or something.

On 10/21/2022 at 3:34 PM, OtherEric said:

And in today.  I'm only 3 books short of having everything I need for the reading club through March 2023 now.  Still about 200 books short of the full list, though.

Eerie_018.jpg

Kinda cool that the Warren Magazine Reading Club is helping to motivate you to complete your own collection as well.

My first EERIE 18 was barely a placeholder, and it was one of the first that I upgraded when I was able--but I think yours might be even better than my "upgrade" copy!

1750261082_ALTEERIE18F.thumb.jpg.03320b49bd45b624421ce980cd9a87f5.jpg

502491968_EERIE18F.thumb.jpg.7c313d8c3000effc27797640e12e12da.jpg