• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,219 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2022 at 7:40 PM, OtherEric said:

Three does seem to be the rarest issue of the run, doesn't it?

It seems 3 & 5 are less common than the 1,2 & 4 (variants asside) but 3 just happens to be the last one I need. I think it was just by chance…(shrug)

On 9/23/2022 at 5:12 PM, Jayman said:

It seems 3 & 5 are less common than the 1,2 & 4 (variants asside) but 3 just happens to be the last one I need. I think it was just by chance…(shrug)

You, Axe Elf, and I all needed the #3 as our last issue.  That suggests to me that it's a bit scarcer.  Agreed that 2&4 are definitely more common than the others, and 1 isn't too scarce... just expensive.

I have the impression that, as mail order only books, the print runs on these were pretty small to begin with.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:38 PM, OtherEric said:

You, Axe Elf, and I all needed the #3 as our last issue.  That suggests to me that it's a bit scarcer.

And I bought all of the other four (not counting the variant) from the same seller, so apparently HE never came across a #3 he wanted to pay for, either.

On 9/23/2022 at 3:52 PM, OtherEric said:

I'll keep my eyes open for the variant #4.

Not sure which one you consider the variant, but the one with 3 Corbens ("The Woodlik Inheritance") was the variant for me, and there's one of them that I'm sure would meet your standards with a BIN of about $30 right now on daBay (although it's in the UK, so shipping will be another $14 and an adventure):

LINK

On 9/24/2022 at 2:44 PM, Axe Elf said:

Not sure which one you consider the variant, but the one with 3 Corbens ("The Woodlik Inheritance") was the variant for me, and there's one of them that I'm sure would meet your standards with a BIN of about $30 right now on daBay (although it's in the UK, so shipping will be another $14 and an adventure):

LINK

Thank you for the heads up!  That is the one I mean by the variant.  If it's still there in a few weeks, I'll probably grab it, but I've got the Grit City Comic Show four weeks from now and a vacation the week after, so it will need to wait a bit at that price.

On 10/11/2022 at 8:57 PM, Stevemmg said:

My apologies in advance for the glare of the Mylar. It’s been a long journey trying to find a final copy of this magazine for my collection, but the day has come. Has a freshness and razor sharp edges, and at last,  a copy not marred by stacking wear. :cloud9:

3C363C74-A4BC-4201-B66B-A13D3F3BB675.thumb.jpeg.106c165d6a1b3711cb42d0a92cf33b1b.jpeg

That is a beauty! Well done. :applause: