• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,219 posts in this topic

Yeah, EERIE #13 was a tough upgrade for me too; everyone seems to want $40 for copies as nice as the one you found.

That CREEPY #19 tho...

On 12/24/2022 at 2:02 PM, Axe Elf said:

Yeah, EERIE #13 was a tough upgrade for me too; everyone seems to want $40 for copies as nice as the one you found.

That CREEPY #19 tho...

Closer to $24 with tax and shipping for the Eerie, patience did pay off somewhat even if it did get to the crunch time.

Yeah, that Creepy is pretty dire, but like I said it was hitting crunch time.  But the next better one was almost double and would ship from Canada, so no idea if it would arrive on time.  And past that you've got people asking $40 and up for copies that just aren't that great a shape either.

I really do think there was some brief distribution glitch on these two issues, they're just not as common as the books around them.

On 12/28/2022 at 4:19 PM, batmiesta said:

Bit of tweaking.

Scan2022-12-28_214252 TOZ 1.jpg

Maybe it's my eyes, but it still seems slightly out of focus.  I would think it would be hard to scan a slab, since the scanner would be focused on whatever is directly on top of the glass--i.e., the front edge of the slab--rather than an eighth to a quarter of an inch behind it (where the actual front of the book is).

On 12/29/2022 at 5:32 AM, Artifiction said:

Does the scanner have a type CCD sensor? By the way, that's a sweet TOTZ! (worship)

I literally just bought it yesterday so I have no idea, how would I you find out? 

Edited by batmiesta