• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,230 posts in this topic

On 2/17/2023 at 10:49 PM, Artifiction said:

Here are front and back scans of both books. See if you can spot the difference :bigsmile:. I'm interested to know if this is common thing with Eerie Pubs. books? I really wouldn't be surprised to learn that it is.

Interesting. I’m pretty sure I have a copy of this issue. I’ll have to go look now and see which version I have.

On 2/18/2023 at 8:08 AM, dover said:

Got to shop a few stores in San Diego before my flight. I managed to find a few Neal's. Interesting to find an image inside showing a bit of "sex" which is not a known Neal trait. 

IMG_9574.JPG

IMG_9578.JPG

IMG_9575.JPG

Good cover artwork on these two mags‼️👍

On 2/24/2023 at 4:49 PM, OtherEric said:

Normally, on Warrens, I just add them to my cart at MCS and wait until I make my next order from them in a couple weeks.  But when these three showed up I figured there was roughly a snowball's chance in hell of them lasting a week at the prices they were asking, so I ordered roughly as fast as I could get them into my cart:

Eerie_035.jpg

Eerie_040.jpg

Eerie_041.jpg

On 2/24/2023 at 4:50 PM, OtherEric said:

And from the Bay, I finally found a copy that wasn't over-priced in my estimation:

Monster World 02.jpg

Nice pickups, OE!  :applause:

On 2/24/2023 at 4:50 PM, OtherEric said:

And from the Bay, I finally found a copy that wasn't over-priced in my estimation:

Monster World 02.jpg

Not bad, but it looks like you paid more for shipping than for the book!

Coincidentally, I just upgraded my worst Monster World--issue #8--and that also arrived today (though I haven't scanned it yet).

It was the only one that had pieces out of the cover, so now all 10 of my MWs are complete and at least mid-grade.

On 2/24/2023 at 4:18 PM, Axe Elf said:

Not bad, but it looks like you paid more for shipping than for the book!

Coincidentally, I just upgraded my worst Monster World--issue #8--and that also arrived today (though I haven't scanned it yet).

It was the only one that had pieces out of the cover, so now all 10 of my MWs are complete and at least mid-grade.

I always consider shipping as part of the cost, and I was figuring around 20-25 dollars would be needed for that issue.  Who knew there were so many Munsters fans?

Not sure why people are so optimistic on the #3 pricing, still need to find that one.

On 2/24/2023 at 6:30 PM, OtherEric said:

I always consider shipping as part of the cost, and I was figuring around 20-25 dollars would be needed for that issue.

Yeah, my 10 averaged $20.74 ($15.45 without tax/shipping) per book, with a low of $18.79 (#9) and a high of $26.76 (#1).

On 2/24/2023 at 6:30 PM, OtherEric said:

Not sure why people are so optimistic on the #3 pricing, still need to find that one.

I brought mine home for $21.30--it's actually one of the better issues, though I'm not big on cover writing.

280299870_MonsterWorld3F.thumb.jpg.3b21ca2cb235b93aeee4f31724c26667.jpg

On 2/24/2023 at 2:49 PM, OtherEric said:

Normally, on Warrens, I just add them to my cart at MCS and wait until I make my next order from them in a couple weeks.  But when these three showed up I figured there was roughly a snowball's chance in hell of them lasting a week at the prices they were asking, so I ordered roughly as fast as I could get them into my cart:

Eerie_035.jpg

Eerie_040.jpg

Eerie_041.jpg

40 and 41 are my ultimate favorite Eerie Covers.