• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,230 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2023 at 7:12 PM, Stevemmg said:

While I typically get far more raw magazines weekly, I’m too lazy to scan them. Here are a few graded additions for the week. 

9B9A2883-2C5B-48DC-9DB1-8A3D69AE4710.thumb.jpeg.28c9d4b07146675b9ac32e06b677fb6c.jpeg

Can you remember where you bought this? Just curious because I sold a raw copy on ebay years ago for next to nothing, didn't really know what it was at the time or how hard it was to find in top shape, I'm sure it went to the USA and Stevemmg rings a bell.

On 2/13/2023 at 4:37 PM, batmiesta said:

Can you remember where you bought this? Just curious because I sold a raw copy on ebay years ago for next to nothing, didn't really know what it was at the time or how hard it was to find in top shape, I'm sure it went to the USA and Stevemmg rings a bell.

I picked up the UK Vampirella 2 on ComicLink recently. However, the odds are high that you’ve sold me magazines at some point. :cheers:

On 2/14/2023 at 12:46 AM, Stevemmg said:

I picked up the UK Vampirella 2 on ComicLink recently. However, the odds are high that you’ve sold me magazines at some point. :cheers:

The one I sold did look better I think, it was that long ago, I will see if I can find the original scan for it. Did you ever buy from Vault auctions?

On 2/13/2023 at 7:57 PM, Stevemmg said:

It may or may not be better than my raw copy, but I had to take the chance given the rare opportunity. 

Absolutely! I have 2 copies that are 8.0-8.5ish. So I didn’t bite. BTW I think you got a good deal as I think a nice white page 8.5 could command $500+

On 2/13/2023 at 7:00 PM, batmiesta said:

The one I sold did look better I think, it was that long ago, I will see if I can find the original scan for it. Did you ever buy from Vault auctions?

I did buy some items from Vault auctions. I’ve got a raw 2 that’s nicer, but I am apparently a hoarder of cool stuff. The 3 and four seem to be much tougher in high grade than the 1 and 2. 

Edited by Stevemmg

On 2/1/2023 at 1:20 PM, Stevemmg said:

Just received this Billy Graham original art page from Eerie 28. Fun page!

7349068C-B327-40EA-88E1-C1128AAD3680.thumb.jpeg.38dba6fa19fc3b4375a198abd592b5f3.jpeg

I didn’t mention it at the time, but I had no idea that Billy Graham worked at such large scale on his stories. This measures a whopping 21” x 28” !

On 2/13/2023 at 7:01 PM, Jayman said:

Absolutely! I have 2 copies that are 8.0-8.5ish. So I didn’t bite. BTW I think you got a good deal as I think a nice white page 8.5 could command $500+

I notice that eBay shows sold at $375 and doesn’t reflect what I actually paid, my offer of $400 was accepted and came to $454 with shipping and tax. 

I received some money for my birthday, and the first thing I did was start searching feebay for a new addition to my Eerie Pubs. collection. While searching the listings, I ran across something interesting. It's a copy of the Sept/79 issue of Weird V12 #3. I already have a CGC'd 7.5 copy, but I noticed something different about the auction copy. All of the sudden I had to have it, too!

Here are front and back scans of both books. See if you can spot the difference :bigsmile:. I'm interested to know if this is common thing with Eerie Pubs. books? I really wouldn't be surprised to learn that it is.

Happy Hunting!

Bill

scan0058.jpg

scan0059.jpg

scan0098.jpg

scan0097.jpg

Edited by Artifiction