• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Joseph Giordano 1932-2010 R.I.P :-(

71 posts in this topic

Wow, Shin what was that seminar like?

It was actually very quiet. We sat and drew... but Mr. Giordano told some stories, etc. and it was pretty cool. At the end, he signed all of our art boards (provided by DC comics) and we got to keep them.

I don't have a copy of that CBG issue actually... I probably have that Heroes Con program but I lost it. My 1994 Heroes con t-shirt by John Romita Jr also finally gave out though after too many washings.

I talk a little bit about it here:

http://www.corpcity.com/shademaster2.html

I'm glad I got to meet Mr. Giordano and spend some time with him. (thumbs u

-Shin

I echo all of sentiments from fans and pros about what a nice guy Dick Giordano was. Brilliant artist, and by all accounts a great person to work for and learn from. Very sad occasion.

I think this is the only photo I ever took of him at a convention, at the 1985 Chicago Comicon with Len Wein and Sergio Aragones:

wein-giordano-aragones.jpg

And one of the books I have that he signed:

Batman-226-Giordano.jpg

As a long time "reader" of the boards, this is not what I envisioned my FIRST post to be. The passing of a comic LEGEND is truly a sad day, and cause enough to chime in!!!

Regrettably, I did not take the opportunity to sign his get well card at Megacon. Couldn't help thinking, he'll be here next year! :makepoint:

Best wishes to his wonderful wife and family, he will truly be missed.

And a great big posthumous THANK YOU for the MANY, MANY Wonderful memories you have provided me thru your work!

sig.jpg