• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is it just me or is SMALLVILLE getting horrible to watch?

19 posts in this topic

tonite's episode was supalame! looks like the writers are running out of good storyline's as of late. then there's next weeks episode...fatal attraction!?! come freakin on! IMO, this HS clark can only last till this season till he boots out of smallville. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif opinions anyone?

tonite's episode was supalame! looks like the writers are running out of good storyline's as of late. then there's next weeks episode...fatal attraction!?! come freakin on! IMO, this HS clark can only last till this season till he boots out of smallville. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif opinions anyone?

It's just you, dude. IMO, there have been several supagood episodes lately. And Kristin Kreuk is still smoookin'! cloud9.gif

Gene

I somehow feel the main attraction to this series is everyone is waiting to see him put on the costume. When that happens, the series could either have a lot more stories to tell or it will become just another Superman series. (I'm assuming it will happen). I've enjoyed the series very much personally, and not all the episodes are going to be great.

I enjoyed today's episode, although there have been better.

I somehow feel the main attraction to this series is everyone is waiting to see him put on the costume. When that happens, the series could either have a lot more stories to tell or it will become just another Superman series. (I'm assuming it will happen). I've enjoyed the series very much personally, and not all the episodes are going to be great.

I think the creators have explicitly said that Clark will never put on the costume in the Smallville series, which suits me just fine. I think they're doing a great job of pacing this series...Clark hasn't gotten the girl (at least not for more than a few episodes), Lex and Clark aren't on the outs yet, Clark is still discovering new abilities...

Despite the denials of the creators and of actress Allison Mack, I don't think there is any doubt that Chloe becomes Lois Lane at the end of the series. Yes, we have found out that Lois is Chloe's cousin, but we also know that Lois, according to Chloe, is the farthest thing from being reporter material. My guess is that Chloe dyes her hair brown and takes on the Lois Lane name to get back into the Daily Planet (remember, she is on the blacklist there due to Lionel Luthor's influence) at some point in the future. You know it makes sense!

Tonight's episode was OK...I thought the acting was better than the storyline. There have been some better episodes lately...like the one where Clark fails to save Lex from shock therapy.

Gene

Oh, I didn't realize the creators of the show mentioned NO COSTUME. I think a great way to maybe end the series (I really liked your take on Chloe maybe becoming Lois) would be a cliff hanger with Clark maybe putting on the costume in a new future Superman movie.

I kinda' like that idea. If done properly, could be good.

Oh, I didn't realize the creators of the show mentioned NO COSTUME. I think a great way to maybe end the series (I really liked your take on Chloe maybe becoming Lois) would be a cliff hanger with Clark maybe putting on the costume in a new future Superman movie.

They did show part of the costume tonight.

That new kid with the powers can see people's possible deaths. They showed Superman's cape in tonight's episode... so evidently Superman dies in the future while flying. Kind of weird that he saw the coach's and Lana's death from a third person view while he went into first person mode for Clark's.

that was last weeks episode which was pretty good, but the kid who could see into the future said that it was wierd with clark. after clark touched his shoulder he didn't see an end for clark, like he lives forever. tonite's episode was pete drag racing, sort of like a take off on the fast and the furious.

390258-0.jpg.3c077af01caaeea8c5dfbb758e9941fd.jpg

While the stumbling around with fast cars - powered by liquid Green K, instead of NO2 - was the annoying part, the deeper part of the storyline is completely consistent with this year's theme: Clark is still learning how to distinguish between what's right and wrong for himself and for others.

I mean, just look at the torture this kid's gone through:

> He has made a mess of his relationship with each and everyone he holds dear - tonight it was Pete's turn.

> In each case, he was either a "bad boy" or trying (often desparately) to do good.

> And in each instance there were serious repercussions.

How do >you< deal with things gone bad in your daily life?

If I was a teenager and all this $#!+ came my way, I'd be a friggin' basket case!

I'm all for letting the storytellers keep the costume off - we all know what he becomes. I think the interest is in the road he travelled to get there.

Larry

Last nights episode was probably the worst to this point. It's become an adolescent soap-opera. The previous seasons felt like they were telling part of an ongoing story, even when Clark's tale was the sub-plot. This year, the main story has generally been somehow more inane and melodramatic. Even the acting seems worse. To me, the highlight of the season has been the Perry White episode and last week's. I did like last weeks hint of the costume, though.

last night's episode was a rip-off of Fast & Furious....next week is SwinFan. But as long as the honeys are hot, people will watch (me 2). I have heard rumors of a Bruce Wayne or Wonder Woman character (no costumes)......but time will tell. Also it would be interesting to see what would happen if Lana finds out that Clark (on his arrival to earth many years ago) and the meteor shower was involved in the death of her parents.

Agree that Chloe will be Lois...and I like when the show shifts to Metropolis and out of Dullsville. And where do these kids get the $$ for the sweet rides?

I am sure the Studio execs at the "Frog" are pushing for skin, romance and all that soap opera stuff. to draw in a broader audience.

And the writers probably do have a few good ideas and are shot down in the meetings, and are told to write a show that combines..2 Fast 2 furious.. The Ring.. and oh yeah.. you can give Clark a new power or something.

I can only hope that the show keeps giving us a glimpse of where Clark is going more on his way to becoming Supes, and not the weekly.. one week its...Scary.. then Romance. then.. murder.. etc..

formula that so many shows fall into.

Does anyone know if the show has been picked up for another year? 2 more??

, It has been a decent ride so far, but I personally feel despite the hot bodies (Which is always a good thing) The show is winding down.

the shows stars want bigger fish, (movies if they can get them) and how many shows can you make about a high school(college) age kid, living in Smallville.Well you could, but then "Smallville" would be "collegeville" or BigcityVille" Or"

Supes and the Cityville"

A fitting last show would be Clark, the fortress of Solitude, and the ending credits roll with him flying around in his spiffy new duds, cape flapping in the wind..... end scene.

Lets us imagine the rest.

But dont count out "Smallville The Movie" Clarks back.. and hes pissed..

that was last weeks episode which was pretty good, but the kid who could see into the future said that it was wierd with clark. after clark touched his shoulder he didn't see an end for clark, like he lives forever. tonite's episode was pete drag racing, sort of like a take off on the fast and the furious.

D'oh. You're right. I TiVo everything so I'm not on the same time schedule as everyone else evidently... grin.gif

I still have shows going back six months on it...

The show will definitely be back next season. The writers had wanted to have Bruce Wayne appear in one episode this season, but WB nixed the idea because of the new Batman movie about to go into production. Now they're considering an appearance by Diana, but no word on whether that can still be accomplished this season or will wait for next.

The quality of the show has slipped a bit recently. The episode where he discovered his superhearing was a blatant Daredevil rip-off, last week's episode was a rip-off of "The Dead Zone", and as people have said, this week's was a "Fast & Furious" steal.

Things are about to get darker will Lex.

I think the creators have explicitly said that Clark will never put on the costume in the Smallville series, which suits me just fine. I think they're doing a great job of pacing this series...Clark hasn't gotten the girl (at least not for more than a few episodes), Lex and Clark aren't on the outs yet, Clark is still discovering new abilities...

Despite the denials of the creators and of actress Allison Mack, I don't think there is any doubt that Chloe becomes Lois Lane at the end of the series. Yes, we have found out that Lois is Chloe's cousin, but we also know that Lois, according to Chloe, is the farthest thing from being reporter material. My guess is that Chloe dyes her hair brown and takes on the Lois Lane name to get back into the Daily Planet (remember, she is on the blacklist there due to Lionel Luthor's influence) at some point in the future. You know it makes sense!

Tonight's episode was OK...I thought the acting was better than the storyline. There have been some better episodes lately...like the one where Clark fails to save Lex from shock therapy.

Gene

yea, i belive the exact quote was "no tights, no flights." altough he did float in one scene, although it was during his sleep.

O.o when did they reveal Lois to be Cloe's cousin

speaking about Lois, in a ToyFare interview, the writers mentioned she is to make an appearance in season 4

when the show first came on, they (creators) has a "no flight, no tights" rule -

This show is just turning out the same material with weird stuff happening. Nothing is really moving along the story. The peek into one of Lex's darker sides has been interesting, but when they take one step foward, they go two back into familiar, all too familair terrority. I think they need to do something next season or they will lose viewers.... hi.gif