• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Economic Stimulus Thread

286 posts in this topic

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olson 134 (1st Darkseid) VF+

$50

SPJO134.jpg

:takeit:

:censored: I knew if I debated this one I'd lose out. Don't know if it's just me, but finding a nice looking raw copy of this book is a bit tough.

What about people who bought tonight do they still qualify? PM me on the #78 if you want to sell it as is

I sent another email off -- so -- we'll see on the 78.

People who bought this evening only qualify for these books. Tomorrow is another day.

However, if you've spent like $500 in someone's thread then I'll certainly reconsider.

My goal is to get things moving a bit more -- more quality offered, more people buying, more people looking.

If that happens, I'll be thrilled, hence why I reset every day for the discount.

$50

SPJO134.jpg

:censored: I knew if I debated this one I'd lose out. Don't know if it's just me, but finding a nice looking raw copy of this book is a bit tough.

Yep, tough book in decent grade. I thought about it for about two seconds, then I realized it was probably already too late.

$50

SPJO134.jpg

I don't even collect DC books, but it's the first appearance of Darkseid. If it only guides for $20 then I wouldn't know lol. This was a total impulse buy. (I'm sure it guides for more than $20)

Here's my qualifying purchase from last night. More DCs that I picked up on impulse, but if you look at the two DCs you can kind of see why.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3894052&fpart=2

Here's what is left:

See Page 1 for the Foolkiller Comiconomic Stimulus Discount Plan! :applause:

Link: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3896448#Post3896448

Page 2:

JIM 90 CGC 9.2 o/w $6500

Daredevil 1 CGC 9.0 ow/w $5000

Page 3:

FF 53 VF $75

Page 4:

MIS 62 6.5 $55 (super cool cover)

MIS 65 6.5 $55

FF 164 NM $10

Page 5:

Hero for Hire 1 VF- $55

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olson 138 NM- $35

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olson 133 VF/NM $45

Superman 204 VF $25

Page 6:

Superman 232 VF/NM $30 **SOLD ON Page 9**

Silver Surfer 5 8.5/9.0 $75

Maybe I'm reading it wrong:

spend $25-$100 in someone else's thread (or spread out over multiple threads) 10% off.

spend $100-$250 in someone else's thread 15% off

spend $250-$500 in someone else's thread 20% off

spend $500-$1000k in someone else's thread 25% off

spend $1000 or more 30% off OR take 10% off one of the two slabs (that I'll list tonight).

Brian only mentions the slabs at the very end if you spend $1k or more elsewhere. And the discount is at 10%. The way I'm understanding it is the discounts only apply to the raw books except if you spend over $1k and then it's 10% off either one of the slabs.

Yeah, I missed that little bit at the end there. So yeah you have to spend 1,000 in order to get 10% off the two high end books.

That's what I thought. Thanks guys for the confirmation. I almost pulled the trigger on some other big dollar books thinking I was getting a 30% discount here on the slabs too. :o

Yeah, I missed that little bit at the end there. So yeah you have to spend 1,000 in order to get 10% off the two high end books.

That's what I thought. Thanks guys for the confirmation. I almost pulled the trigger on some other big dollar books thinking I was getting a 30% discount here on the slabs too. :o

I believe one has to be a lawyer to understand the legalese? (shrug)

I believe one has to be a lawyer to understand the legalese? (shrug)

Or in my case, just read the whole schpill.