• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I saw Kick A$$ tonight...

151 posts in this topic

So if I go see Kick (and like it) will it gain me a little redemption for liking Twilight? hmlol

:eek:

sorry, no.

That is somthing you can never wash off :sick:

lol

So if I go see Kick (and like it) will it gain me a little redemption for liking Twilight? hmlol

:eek:

sorry, no.

That is somthing you can never wash off :sick:

lol

Great - I guess this will go down in board history beside the freakin' MVS fiasco. :cry:

IT WAS AMAZING. The story, the acting, and the violence were pretty spot on. I never read the book so I went in with no expectations, but oh my God, it was epic. I wish I could shake every single person I see and scream "KICK WAS AMAZING!!!" because it was. You will laugh, you might cry, and you will enjoy this movie**. I'm pretty jaded when it comes to comic book movies, but this was *epic*.

Also, Big Daddy does sound like Batman...but not Christian Bale Batman. And it is really, really fracking funny.

**If you do not enjoy this movie, thats cool too. But you are dead to me. :foryou:

Hey Lauren, I saw the movie last night as well in Toronto (advance screening passes) with my cousin and we LOVED it too! :headbang:

I really shouldn't have watched all the trailers though as the "SHOCKING" scenes lost a little luster. I can definitely understand why it is R rated.... 2c

It's hope it does well as it is a unique movie that I'm glad was made the way it was... :golfclap:

Oh and HIT GIRL STOLE THE MOVIE

the ny post reviewer liked it: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/movies/kick_from_page_GeeAI01ucI4cgr47IdOp0H

never read the comic. i'd like to see why everyone likes this movie as the tv ads look juvenile. but i can't really take my kid to it. wife wouldn't go. don't see movies alone. i guess i'll see it when/if it's on hbo or showtime.

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being equal to Ghostrider and 10 being equal to Wanted.

Where does this movie stand?

how is Wanted a 10?

Anything is a ten compared to Ghost Rider

IT WAS AMAZING. The story, the acting, and the violence were pretty spot on. I never read the book so I went in with no expectations, but oh my God, it was epic. I wish I could shake every single person I see and scream "KICK WAS AMAZING!!!" because it was. You will laugh, you might cry, and you will enjoy this movie**. I'm pretty jaded when it comes to comic book movies, but this was *epic*.

Also, Big Daddy does sound like Batman...but not Christian Bale Batman. And it is really, really fracking funny.

**If you do not enjoy this movie, thats cool too. But you are dead to me. :foryou:

Hey Lauren, I saw the movie last night as well in Toronto (advance screening passes) with my cousin and we LOVED it too! :headbang:

I really shouldn't have watched all the trailers though as the "SHOCKING" scenes lost a little luster. I can definitely understand why it is R rated.... 2c

It's hope it does well as it is a unique movie that I'm glad was made the way it was... :golfclap:

The best way to describe this movie (I am the cousin that loved it - no caps however) is Superbad meets Kill Bill. And Nic Cage redeemed himself for Bad Lieutenant and several other recent c-r-a-p movies. He plays twisted souls better than anyone. Hit Girl did steal the movie but some of the Pop Culture references are worth a second watch (especially since said cousin above NEVER FREAKIN SHUTS UP DURING MOVIES).

The best way to describe this movie (I am the cousin that loved it - no caps however) is Superbad meets Kill Bill. And Nic Cage redeemed himself for Bad Lieutenant and several other recent c-r-a-p movies. He plays twisted souls better than anyone. Hit Girl did steal the movie but some of the Pop Culture references are worth a second watch (especially since said cousin above NEVER FREAKIN SHUTS UP DURING MOVIES).

:slapfight:

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being equal to Ghostrider and 10 being equal to Wanted.

Where does this movie stand?

how is Wanted a 10?

Anything is a ten compared to Ghost Rider

Erm... What about that first Hulk movie. Or Daredevil (playground scene ruined that whole movie)... or Spider-Man 3 (dance scene ruined that whole movie)

I mean, at least Rider had Sam Elliott.

I guess it's like

-10 First Hulk

-8 Daredevil

-7 Spidey 3

1 Ghost Rider

10 Wanted

20 Dark Knight

21 Iron Man

-Rob-

x-men 3 was horrendous as well

I fell asleep watching 1st hulk, DD, Spidey 3 and X-Men 3. fell asleep. that bad. i did sort of manage to watch GR, but honestly, I can't remember much about that one either except "they missed on this one"

Saw it today also, cheesy but I'll say it, KICK *spoon* Kicked *spoon*. Highly recommended, don't bring your kids to see it though unless you don't mind a cute little pre-teen girl swearing like a sailor and lots of violence with CGI blood and guts (that's why it's rated R).

With word of mouth this movie should be huge, and thanks to Roger Ebert it should be even bigger "morally reprehensible".

Just saw this tonight. I loved it, it was a great funny movie. Never read the books, but am glad a comic book movie was so good, especially an independant one. It bodes well for more and hopefully gets kids into reading books (likely not this book, but maybe other ones not so adult orientated).