• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Display your Spider-Man CGC SS Books & Sketches
10 10

1,369 posts in this topic

Well it's been what ahhhhh ...... TWO MONTHS SINCE LAST POST?!?!?!?

EEEEEPPPPSSS

Figured as I don't have books in hand but Fred was nice enough to send me images as the good people at CGC have finished grading the 17 ASM books I subbed through Fred for the Rubinstein opportunity and as this thread desperately needed a bump it was time to post something.

I'll post my bummers first.

2nd ASM#271 CGC 9.8 Cracked - & - 2nd CGC 9.6 on return ;-(

8dd4f5c8.jpg

& as a Hobgoblin Fan as my fav Villain this one killed me too....

72680dba.jpg

and the 1st appearance of PUMA .... needless to say the 3 books that dropped were major BUMMERS ;-(

0a79e2f8.jpg

NOW ON TO THE GOOD OF THE LOT ... .14 of 17 did maintain a 9.8 with no 9.4's or anything lower so all in all a fairly good cracking and signing considering Joe took awhile to get it done, he added a small spider-sketch on each for me which adds to the rareness of my overall collection as I try to pull the entire run from 201-300 all in 9.8 SS!!!!!!!!!!!!

b64b56be.jpg

1b68bd8c.jpg

e5c0d786.jpg

c4f0a87b.jpg

2835ff46.jpg

fbec399a.jpg

f539804f.jpg

9aeb1cdf.jpg

44823d84.jpg

abb99f7b.jpg

ac778f33.jpg

092b5ad1.jpg

a8802c65.jpg

167bada0.jpg

Very happy that the BIGGER Registry point value books hit home such as ASM258/259/260 and a few others like 265.

Good opp all in all and will have 2 sketches to show when I receive sketch images for them in the actual slab as well as books that I received a few months ago from Sean - NY COMICS such as ASM201/202/208/209/220/224/243

244/248/249 & 251 all in CGC SS 9.8 when I get scans of them up as my scanner is down currently. 5 of them are Stan Lee's with the remaining by JRJR.

Rich

1b68bd8c.jpg

Love the spider sketch placement on this one (thumbs u

Yeah I like the placement on that too Steve man. Can't replace my

ASM#255-CGC-9.9 that I sold but what could? lol

That was my favorite book of all time. Old label. May have hit a 10.0 if resubbed it was flawless. Although who's gonna start cracking ASM 200-300 9.9's for resubs? lol

Let's see some more spidey books and Sketches fellows!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-) :baiting:

I uploaded this on the Hero Initiative books thread already but what the hell ;)

img0112c.jpg

Let's keep the SS Spideys coming ! :popcorn:

Congrats on owning one of the rarest sketch opp books of all time!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Would of loved to get my hands on a few of them.

Rich

Alright how about this one? Any love for J.Scott Campbell ?

img0180up.jpg

It's on the back of ASM 568 sketch cover.

I have looked at this sketch for a while. The top spidey head is fantastic......but we are puzzled by the lower left section. Did he start to draw a different head sketch it almost look like?

It could be his costume also....not really sure.

Hero initiative sketches are awesome!