• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC & RAW GOLDEN AGE CLASSIC COVERS, GGA, AND FICTION HOUSE!

538 posts in this topic

When pro screening with CGC, they put a square-ish shaped sticker on the back of the mylar that has the title and year/date of the book. Before these were sent, I talked to a CGC representative how the process works and they confirmed with me that if restoration was found, they put a second sticker with grader notes if any is found. If there is a book you wish to see this sticker, just ask :-)

No problem! They do the same thing if you were to send down a bunch of books and provide a grade on a book you feel it should be graded at. If it doesn't meet the customer's expectations, they will do the same method with the sticker(s) done for restoration checks.

Yup, the Jumbo 46 does kick and actually came from a collection from Amawalk, NY a little over 5 years ago when it surfaced. That and Jumbo 28 were the first two books I bought from the collection. There were a few Timelys and DCs but they were beat to a pulp. There was an Adventure 61(it was the original/first Star Man - if i got the correct issue # right), but that was in Fair shape as the spine was nearly completely split :-(

The Fiction House were the best shaped books of the publishers :-)

Hey all!

Glad you are enjoying the raw books so far as I have more to go through :-)

In the meantime, as many of you requested this issue, Jumbo 31 is going to CGC and will be put up for sale once it arrives back :-)

-B

After reading a few parts of this thread, we felt it would be important to post the following statements of fact.

A CGC bar code label on a mylar does not mean that CGC has performed a restoration check on a comic book. All it means is that the mylar was at CGC’s office.

CGC’s pre-screen service does not include a restoration check on rejected books. Restoration checks are done during the CGC certification process. The only comics that have had a thorough restoration check by CGC are CGC certified comics in a CGC holder that has not been tampered with.

Brad,

Thanks for posting these facts. Again, these books were sent to CGC for restoration check a long time ago, so I don't know what rules have changed since. All I can say is what I was told through a CGC representative before these were sent down.

Regardless, I can assure you these are unrestored.

-B

All,

For your benefit, many of the books have already been pro-screened by CGC for restoration check only. I am happy to say these books are unrestored and I will note which of the books have the pro screen sticker on the mylar to proove they are unrestored. I will also let you know which of the books are original owner, meaning they belong to my father, as these have never been offered for sale before!

Because of the added benefit and effort we have done for you in regards to the CGC pro screening that was done, these books will be sold 'as is' and will not be accepting any returns. My father and I believe this is extremely fair.

Brian, in light of the statement of fact by CGC, are you going to amend your rules? In particular the sold 'as is' and not accepting returns ?

It appears that the stickers you are describing simply indicate the book did not pass a prescreen and do not prove the books are unrestored.

All,

For your benefit, many of the books have already been pro-screened by CGC for restoration check only. I am happy to say these books are unrestored and I will note which of the books have the pro screen sticker on the mylar to proove they are unrestored. I will also let you know which of the books are original owner, meaning they belong to my father, as these have never been offered for sale before!

Because of the added benefit and effort we have done for you in regards to the CGC pro screening that was done, these books will be sold 'as is' and will not be accepting any returns. My father and I believe this is extremely fair.

Brian, in light of the statement of fact by CGC, are you going to amend your rules? In particular the sold 'as is' and not accepting returns ?

It appears that the stickers you are describing simply indicate the book did not pass a prescreen and do not prove the books are unrestored.

Ya know what...the guy sounds reasonable and is attempting to be as educated as possible. In addition he's offering up a nice collection of books for the board members to have first crack at and yet there are folks on here that feel like they have to be arses.

I have no vested interest here but it seems to me that the seller is acting in a prudent manner.

If ya don't like the terms of the sale then don't buy seems rational doh!

All,

Ya know what...the guy sounds reasonable and is attempting to be as educated as possible. In addition he's offering up a nice collection of books for the board members to have first crack at and yet there are folks on here that feel like they have to be arses.

I have no vested interest here but it seems to me that the seller is acting in a prudent manner.

If ya don't like the terms of the sale then don't buy seems rational doh!

I made no accusations toward the Seller. I politely asked him a question that, under the circumstances, seemed reasonable. Though he is certainly under no obligation, I believe it would help his sales if he reconsidered.

I am sorry you considered my question to be acting like an arse. I'll make sure that I check with you first the next time I have a question to ask.