• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC & RAW GOLDEN AGE CLASSIC COVERS, GGA, AND FICTION HOUSE!

538 posts in this topic

Hi all!

My apologies for replying late to the post regarding the CGC pro screen situation. Indeed, there is confusion and of course this hobby has changed quite a bit over the years since CGC started.

In light of the facts, I am happy to inform all my viewers and customers that I will gladly accept returns if not satisfied with any of the raw books :-)

By the way if anybody knows the answer to this as I am scratching my head at this:

We all know CGC isn't perfect, but I've come across some CGC graded books quite recently where per the label's notes, page and/or panel missing, affects story, incomplete. While right away this signifies an automatic Qualified grade, I found some that got Universal grades!!!!!! How on earth can this be?! CGC really confuses me!

All explanations/reasonings are welcome :-)

-B

You can always request that a book get a blue label instead of green. The grade will just be hammered for the defect. You can have a GLOD 9.0 or a blue label 3.5. Your choice.

We all know CGC isn't perfect, but I've come across some CGC graded books quite recently where per the label's notes, page and/or panel missing, affects story, incomplete. While right away this signifies an automatic Qualified grade, I found some that got Universal grades!!!!!! How on earth can this be?! CGC really confuses me!

All explanations/reasonings are welcome :-)

-B

... kinda like how some books with glue get the restored label and some that don't. I never understood the criteria on that one either. I'm grateful for CGC, but there are a lot of gray areas concerning obtaining certain color labels. 2c

Ya know what...the guy sounds reasonable and is attempting to be as educated as possible. In addition he's offering up a nice collection of books for the board members to have first crack at and yet there are folks on here that feel like they have to be arses.

I have no vested interest here but it seems to me that the seller is acting in a prudent manner.

If ya don't like the terms of the sale then don't buy seems rational doh!

I think Bob's question was fine. And kudos on Brian's response. :applause: Keep in mind, this is his first ever selling thread. There's a bit of a learning curve around here.

All that said, Brian is most definitely reasonable and trustworthy. And he enjoys giving people he knows first crack at sick books. I've got a nice, little stack of 'em sitting in my basement to prove it.

Ya know what...the guy sounds reasonable and is attempting to be as educated as possible. In addition he's offering up a nice collection of books for the board members to have first crack at and yet there are folks on here that feel like they have to be arses.

I have no vested interest here but it seems to me that the seller is acting in a prudent manner.

If ya don't like the terms of the sale then don't buy seems rational doh!

I think Bob's question was fine. And kudos on Brian's response. :applause: Keep in mind, this is his first ever selling thread. There's a bit of a learning curve around here.

All that said, Brian is most definitely reasonable and trustworthy. And he enjoys giving people he knows first crack at sick books. I've got a nice, little stack of 'em sitting in my basement to prove it.

I agree with everything Mike said........except I don't have a stack of comics in my basement to prove it. :hi:2c

Thanks for the info on the Qualified grade situation!

You know, remember a while back as this particular copy was notorious for making everyone scratch their heads at CGC, there was an America's Best, I believe it was issue #2 or #5 and the top of the book had trimming done to it per the label's notes and yet CGC gave it a Universal grade.

That one I am dying for an explanation from CGC :ohnoez:

Hey All!

My dad just had surgery done so I apologize if the thread has been silent for a bit. I do have more golden age that will eventually be posted.

Also, I plan on leaving the prices fixed and unchanged. However, they will remain fixed even when future Overstreets come out, so I have no plans on raising the prices on all my books until they are all eventually sold.

Thanks for all who've commented on my books as well as my replies in regards to CGC and other discussions :-) I try my best to satisfy everyone :-)

-Brian

Thanks everyone! Should be sometime next week before I start posting books again. I am waiting for a few more big books to come back from CGC. Won't say what they are but they are Fiction House, of course ;-)

-B