• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Ya never know what books you're going to be up against in the CLINK auctions...wonder if having three HG books competing with each other will hurt the final hammer prices? hm Thoughts?

Tom I think Hulk #1 is a rare enough book in high grade that it will not affect hammer prices at all.thoughts on the 8.5s final hammer price? I think 35K

Ya never know what books you're going to be up against in the CLINK auctions...wonder if having three HG books competing with each other will hurt the final hammer prices? hm Thoughts?

Tom I think Hulk #1 is a rare enough book in high grade that it will not affect hammer prices at all.thoughts on the 8.5s final hammer price? I think 35K

Ahhhh... but will the 8.0 suffer enough .....

Ahhhh... but will the 8.0 suffer enough .....

I too think that the price on the 8.0 will suffer. Given how rare Hulk 1's are it is really not that intelligent to have three so closely graded together in the same auction, especially the 8.0 and 8.5. I think as such the prices will suffer on both of them somewhat as a result.

As I was in the market and recently purchased a Hulk 8.0 over the past 24 months (since Oct 31, 2008) I have been tracking their sales as GPA is not much help as the last 8.0 they have recorded was in 2007. Over the last 24 months I am aware of 8 completed sales, including my own, and they have sold for between $25,250 and $39,500. (25,250, 28,750, 31,000, 31,000, 33,000, 39,500. The two other sales that I know of that were completed I was not privy to the selling price but I believe they were around mid 30's.)

Not many people seem to be holding on to this book as there are only 7 8.0's listed in the census but 8 sales of 8.0 books in the last two years. (Although it is really just a few copies that have been flipped multiple times). The fact that Hulk 1 in 8.0 has been on the market so frequently recently may also hurt its price.

Not sure what a 8.5 has been going for as only 5 are listed in the census and I can not recall seeing a recent sale. I was not tracking 8.5's as they are higher grade than I wanted. I think I recall a ComicLink sale from maybe two years ago where a Hulk 1 went for around $67,500 and I am thinking it was a 8.5.