• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

speaking of the hulk, i've been looking for a nice hulk 1, i'm bummed i missed this one:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dhulk%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB&id=870215

Have you ever seen an AF15 in 5.0 like that with white pages?

I was very very close to pulling the trigger, but wanted to get a back cover scan first.. It never came so oh well :sorry:

speaking of the hulk, i've been looking for a nice hulk 1, i'm bummed i missed this one:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dhulk%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB&id=870215

I was very very close to pulling the trigger, but wanted to get a back cover scan first.. It never came so oh well :sorry:

and the kicker is it was a "chip free" Hulk 1 white pager--very impressive (thumbs u

and the kicker is it was a "chip free" Hulk 1 white pager--very impressive (thumbs u

I don't blame you, you just don't want to plow head first unless you know the full content. It just looks too good for a 5.0...but no chips is a GREAT plus. :sorry:

Already have one--coverless with a gorgeous repro cover. Actually, friggin' FF 1 is the only SA Marvel grail book left that I don't have (minus the minor keys like ST 101/110, Cap 100, SGT Fury 13, FF 5, etc).

Cool...besides FF1 the other stuff...plenty of choices.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Yeah, THAT book has proven particularly difficult to find and acquire in the bottom-basement grades for a reasonable price.

What can you do?

I'll keep and eye out for you. A presentable 1.0 ish would suit you?

Edited by showcase22gr1959

heck, a .5 would be fine. There WAS a nice restored .5 on Heritage but I was the underbidder. What can you do?

I'd love to tell you but it will cost you, teach.

:makepoint:

I don't blame you, you just don't want to plow head first unless you know the full content. It just looks too good for a 5.0...but no chips is a GREAT plus. :sorry:

Yep, I need to see cover scans to pull a trigger on an expensive book. If the fc looks like a 7.0, there has to be something about the bc that pulled the grade down hm

Hulk 1 is such a great looking book! A couple of years ago I started reading a reprint of issues 1-6 and stopped about halfway through because I realized I'd like to read these in original form. So far I've got a #2, but still need to get the rest. Hulk #1 is high on my SA want list. Just need to find a nice lowgrade presentable copy. Definitely some beauties in here!

Hulk 1 is such a great looking book! A couple of years ago I started reading a reprint of issues 1-6 and stopped about halfway through because I realized I'd like to read these in original form. So far I've got a #2, but still need to get the rest. Hulk #1 is high on my SA want list. Just need to find a nice lowgrade presentable copy. Definitely some beauties in here!

Grab one while you can---the lower grade books are scooting up in price.

AF #15 seems to be a tough book to find with white pages. Might have something to do with the paper roll they used?

Hulk #1 on the other hand has a dark cover making it impossible to find in higher grades but the paper quality generally tends to be on the better (or white) side for many copies.

I've noticed the same thing..for example, FFs 6-11 tend to have ow/w pages..esp #6, always good PQ on that for some reason...not sure if the paper had anything to do with it as it should have been the same, cheap paper for all the Marvels at that time...