• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Great 3.5 !!!! I hate waiting as well once I purchase something. NOW! NOW! NOW!!

I am waiting for my hulk 1 to come back. I know the feeling. Great buy on the cgc 4.5 at btw $3800-4000.

Edited by SAGAT

Here it is: Pend to get it SS or not. I'm still deciding. HULK SMASH !!!!

hulk1hg.jpg

Just watch out when Stan Lee signs- Most books come back less 1 full grade even when he signs in front of you. He manhandles book and even if he doesn't then cgc pretends to be smart because it is removed from cgc case that they have to automatically deduct a full grade or at least 0.5. Look at all the examples out there esp on older books. They will maintain same grade on modern but not old stuff. Hence hi grade scarcity on 1961-1964 keys in cgc ss. I am stating a fact not an opinion here.

hulk1hg.jpg

Just watch out when Stan Lee signs- Most books come back less 1 full grade even when he signs in front of you. He manhandles book and even if he doesn't then cgc pretends to be smart because it is removed from cgc case that they have to automatically deduct a full grade or at least 0.5. Look at all the examples out there esp on older books. They will maintain same grade on modern but not old stuff. Hence hi grade scarcity on 1961-1964 keys in cgc ss. I am stating a fact not an opinion here.

Not trying to be argumentative, but out curiosity, who had these experiences? I'd think the mishandling of a major key like this would come up quite quickly (and loudly) on these boards, but I haven't heard of this before.

???:o

I have heard of it, but not seen it yet. I just hate paying for more CGC fees and waiting for the book back. I've actually had a few silver age books SS and they all came back the same grade (always crossing my fingers). You can check out my JIM 83 6.5 in my SIG line, 1 of the 2 highest at the 6.5 grade (same grade before & after), none higher. I also had Stan Lee do a TOS#59 at a 6.0, it got bumped up .5 to a 6.5. I was pleased. I also did a GA CA #1 and came back the same grade, but w/ Joe Simon.

I see on EBAY 1 SELLER seems to always get SIGS on KEY Silver Marvel books and the grades are dropped 1 full grade. He posts the before and after pictures. I have no idea - must have bad luck or something.

I have heard of it, but not seen it yet. I just hate paying for more CGC fees and waiting for the book back. I've actually had a few silver age books SS and they all came back the same grade (always crossing my fingers). You can check out my JIM 83 6.5 in my SIG line, 1 of the 2 highest at the 6.5 grade (same grade before & after), none higher. I also had Stan Lee do a TOS#59 at a 6.0, it got bumped up .5 to a 6.5. I was pleased. I also did a GA CA #1 and came back the same grade, but w/ Joe Simon.

I see on EBAY 1 SELLER seems to always get SIGS on KEY Silver Marvel books and the grades are dropped 1 full grade. He posts the before and after pictures. I have no idea - must have bad luck or something.

I've heard of the potential for some minor shifting here and there but I know Chandler and Sean (NYComics) handle most of the Stan sigs on the boards here and (they do a LOT) I don't recall hearing of these issues. I guess that's part of why I am asking.

I've had Chandler do all of mine so far. I send the CGC to him, he cracks it, gets it signs and comes back to me in nice shape. No problem at all. 100% behind DWC. Plus I met him only twice, once last year in NY Con in OCT 09 and recently at his work in Las Vegas to pick up 3 books from him from the Stan Lee Tribute.

If I get the Hulk SS, I'll be doing it w/ Stan in front of me this time. I paid the $$ for the meet & greet, plus 2 SIGS. My wife is going as well. So I'll have 4 SIGS in front of me by the Man. Undecided what to have signed still. I'll ensure he won't mishandle the books I give to him for a few seconds. NEWS REPORT "CRAZY MAN" fights Stan for ripping a book!!! Just Joking.

From CGC SD to CGC Florida, that I can't control. I always think someone will switch out my books for another. 2 hours to decide before I leave.

hulk1hg.jpg

I wish I could roll my eyes harder :eyeroll:

INCREDIBLEHULK1.jpg

I don't know how you guys feel about restored books, but here is mine

I feel sick to stomach everytime i think of the Clink auction i missed the 9.4 SP hulk 1 for 5.5K :cry:

Sweet book!

hulk1hg.jpg

I wish I could roll my eyes harder :eyeroll:

I had Stan sign it. He takes his time with each signature and even asked where he we wanted to place it. May have been since there was only 5 of us there and only 10 items signed total. I hope my book comes back a 4.5 (it was a strong 4.5 going in). It may be a 4.0 (if the fates are against me). He signed all the other books on the table in front of him, except my book, the 10th and final signing. His back was hurting a little to reach the table and signed it in his hands. He made a little more surface contact on the cover than he should have if it was placed on the table (I don't think to lower the grade, but the chance is there now). I'll keep this book for life now since we all had a great laugh when I told him to be "careful & cautious" signing this book before he started. His 1st try at his name made a little suface scratch on the book and he looked at me and blamed the pen I gave to him. The pen was a little sharper but worked great when he placed it on his knee to sign. I also asked him what his favortie saying from the HULK was. He told me and I had him write that on the book as well. 1 of a kind. Can't wait to get the book back in a week or so w/ luck to see how it came back graded. He signed w/ a green pen I gave to him. All his other Hulk's SS have been black or silver. These 4 PICS show the delivery of the book to him and Stan showing me the PEN made the error. :) The PICS show Stan's reactions and mine, GREAT TIMES!!!!

1st picture of Stan starting to sign the book

2nd picture of Stan realizing he did something he shouldn't have and I'm leaning in to see what I thought he did as well. :)

3rd picture showing me it was the PEN and not him. I'm examining the book in great detail.

4th picture of him finishing his favorite "quote" from the HULK. My Fav quote as well so I'm very happy.

ComicCon20101636.jpg

ComicCon20101635.jpg

ComicCon20101637.jpgComicCon20101631.jpg

There are only 3 pictures.What was his favorite "quote" from the HULK?

It has 4 pics now. Thanks. It is "HULK SMASH!" That is what he wrote as well.

Someone asked him during his turn what his FAV charater is, it was Spider-Man

It has 4 pics now. Thanks. It is "HULK SMASH!" That is what he wrote as well.

Someone asked him during his turn what his FAV charater is, it was Spider-Man

Awesome. congrats on a once in a lifetime opportunity.