• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

If you had just said some of the books pictured had come from good ol' Ted, I could have told you it was the raw books.  (thumbsu

He does move allot of raw books, doesn't he? 

They had recently bought a massive Marvel collection and I had a chance to close some gaps in my Hulk and FF run, so I went for it.

I picked them up with my 3 year old and after 2 hours in the car, he was bouncing off the walls!! There is nothing like having a 3 year old running around and acting up in a place filled with expensive fragile comic books. 

Ted and the crew were totally cool about it, but I did try to hurry the little fella out of there and missed the opportunity to look through all his awesome books. 

29 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

He does move allot of raw books, doesn't he? 

They had recently bought a massive Marvel collection and I had a chance to close some gaps in my Hulk and FF run, so I went for it.

I picked them up with my 3 year old and after 2 hours in the car, he was bouncing off the walls!! There is nothing like having a 3 year old running around and acting up in a place filled with expensive fragile comic books. 

Ted and the crew were totally cool about it, but I did try to hurry the little fella out of there and missed the opportunity to look through all his awesome books. 

It's possible we don't live too far away from each other.  For me, Ted's is about a 45-minute drive.  In my early days of collecting I was a frequent visitor -- this is back when he was in his previous location -- and I couldn't get enough of flipping through his inventory.  He and his wife Lisa are also the nicest people in the business -- plus Jose is awesome too.

17 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

It's possible we don't live too far away from each other.  For me, Ted's is about a 45-minute drive.  In my early days of collecting I was a frequent visitor -- this is back when he was in his previous location -- and I couldn't get enough of flipping through his inventory.  He and his wife Lisa are also the nicest people in the business -- plus Jose is awesome too.

They are wonderful people! 

Any time I buy from him I take the trip to pick up the books.  Outside of some shows, you don't get to see that many GA and big SA books in one place! 

For me, going to Ted's is the closest thing I've ever gotten to going to the 'mythical' Marvel bullpen from the '60's and 70's -- a bunch of nice, fun, creative people all sitting amongst piles and piles of awesome comic books.  I was fortunate enough to visit him one time after he had gotten in a huge Gold collection -- Detective 168, a bunch of Batmans, Caps, All-Selects (some in NM)...it was a blast. 

Great job pulling in those raw Hulks.

I'm seeing Ted again soon myself -- maybe I'll land something!

Dan

8 minutes ago, Drummy said:

For me, going to Ted's is the closest thing I've ever gotten to going to the 'mythical' Marvel bullpen from the '60's and 70's -- a bunch of nice, fun, creative people all sitting amongst piles and piles of awesome comic books.  I was fortunate enough to visit him one time after he had gotten in a huge Gold collection -- Detective 168, a bunch of Batmans, Caps, All-Selects (some in NM)...it was a blast. 

Great job pulling in those raw Hulks.

I'm seeing Ted again soon myself -- maybe I'll land something!

Dan

I totally agree. I take every chance to go up there and hang out for 20 minutes! It's just an awesome place with great people! 

There are no longer any Incredible Hulks #1s or IH#2s available for auction on either eBay or Comic-Link in the near furture?  And on C-Link's Exchange, there's only an 8.5 and 7.0 SS IH#1 (no lower grades),and no IH#2s.  WTH.  There's no fun left in the world. 

Edited by Pantodude

45 minutes ago, Pantodude said:

There are no longer any Incredible Hulks #1s or IH#2s available for auction on either eBay or Comic-Link in the near furture?  And on C-Link's Exchange, there's only an 8.5 and 7.0 SS IH#1 (no lower grades),and no IH#2s.  WTH.  There's no fun left in the world. 

You think people are holding on to see if it takes off like some of these other big keys? 

12 hours ago, KCOComics said:

You think people are holding on to see if it takes off like some of these other big keys? 

Perhaps, but it has been spiking of late.  We know IH#1 is uncommon, but you could always expect to find one at least near a desired grade in some venue within a week or so.   Not so now despite the uptick?   As I wrote on Thursday, recent sales of low grades were at 5K a point, low-to-mid mid grade at 6K a point, and high mid-grade at 10K a point.   With robust valuations like that, you would think a quick flip would be quite lucrative, so the dearth of IH#1s for sale is surprising and could be telling.  

IH#1 is not like the other mega-keys that have done very well of late.  XM1 and DD1 (until recently a 2nd-tier key but currently priced like a mega so included!),and even GSXM1, X94 and IH181, rose the past year due to their characters’ expected entry into MCU plans.  That oozed flip potential.  By contrast, the recent robust IH#1 prices were NOT due to a Hulk-related catalyst.  

It could very well be that IH#1s (more so than in the past) are being bought for long-term PCs instead of a flip to account for the want lists of new participants in the hobby.  If THAT is true, it could remain difficult to find IH#1s in a particular desired grade, if at all, over the longer term at any price [sigh].  Time will tell. 

Edited by Pantodude

8 hours ago, Pantodude said:

Perhaps, but it has been spiking of late.  We know IH#1 is uncommon, but you could always expect to find one at least near a desired grade in some venue within a week or so.   Not so now despite the uptick?   As I wrote on Thursday, recent sales of low grades were at 5K a point, low-to-mid mid grade at 6K a point, and high mid-grade at 10K a point.   With robust valuations like that, you would think a quick flip would be quite lucrative, so the dearth of IH#1s for sale is surprising and could be telling.  

IH#1 is not like the other mega-keys that have done very well of late.  XM1 and DD1 (until recently a 2nd-tier key but currently priced like a mega so included!),and even GSXM1, X94 and IH181, rose the past year due to their characters’ expected entry into MCU plans.  That oozed flip potential.  By contrast, the recent robust IH#1 prices were NOT due to a Hulk-related catalyst.  

It could very well be that IH#1s (more so than in the past) are being bought for long-term PCs instead of a flip to account for the want lists of new participants in the hobby.  If THAT is true, it could remain difficult to find IH#1s in a particular desired grade, if at all, over the longer term at any price [sigh].  Time will tell. 

I think you are dead on, I am looking myself to finally lock one up and was hoping all the attention elsewhere would benefit the timing, but I am not the only one based on conversations with others looking. It was always a "would be nice to have" verses a "need to have" book for me. 

I have a 6.5 and have wanted for a while to upgrade to 7.0.  A few had come up recently, but the most recent one I remember, while it was nice with white pages, had what looked like obvious color touch removal and I knew I wouldn't have been happy with that so I passed.  If the right opportunity comes along I might go for it, but I'm also content with what I've got.

13 hours ago, Pantodude said:

I actually grabbed that 7.5 recently. I had a 7.0, sold it a couple of years back and I've missed it more than any other book. Its part of my PC and likely staying there for a while. Clink had a 7.0 sale at 54k ish I believe. Aside from Cap 1, Hulk 1 is my favorite book so it was time to grab a replacement copy. In a short time, I'm guessing it will seem like a gift price. I saw another 7.5 listed online for sale a short time later for 95k. :ohnoez:Just checked and its still available. Wonder if anyone will pull the trigger. hm

Edited by Timeless icons

48 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

I actually grabbed that 7.5 recently

This book is a beauty, BTW.  Congrats!   And great to know it's for a PC instead of some fractional share company or a flipper grab, so thanks for that input (despite the sad fact that means the rest of us will likely not see it again any time soon!).  

Edited by Pantodude

6 minutes ago, Pantodude said:

This book is a beauty, BTW.  Congrats!   And great to know it's for a PC instead of some fractional share company or a flipper grab, so thanks for that input (despite the sad fact that means the rest of us will likely not see it again any time soon!).  

Thanks again. (thumbsu This one is for me for sure. Usually, my intention is to keep my PC stuff but from time to time, some get sold to fund another book that's more important to me. The tough part is separating books for resale vs the PC. Being a collector makes it a challenge since I want to keep more than I should. :cry: