• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Timeless icons said:

curious to see what the Hulk 1 8.0 on comicconnect goes for. :popcorn:

Haven’t seen a 8.0 for sale in a while. Come to think of it, haven’t seen a high grade Hulk 1 for sale lately, period.

I swung at the 3.0 on Heritage last night and just bailed out thinking it was going to keep rolling above my set budget, it actually didn't which surprised me. Having been in a few bidding wars I can tell you the 2.0-4.0 range has plenty of competition this year. I personally rank it 3rd behind AF15 and FF1. I have missed upgrading my FF1 due to chasing Hulk 1's more than once since November. There have been buying opportunities but I am not super picky but the bargain  priced ones have chipping or something that takes away the presentation in my eyes. The nicely presenting ones, regardless of grade have done well.

4 hours ago, Mucheee1 said:

Haven’t seen a 8.0 for sale in a while. Come to think of it, haven’t seen a high grade Hulk 1 for sale lately, period.

High grade copies just don't seem to come around often enough. The Comicconnect 8.0 is really nice though. It currently sits at 84k with a bit over 2 days to go. 

6 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

The Hulk CGC 1.5 sold fro 12k again not sure if you must add 15% over that or not at CC.

I liked the right edge of that one, have passed on so many lately and thought 11k might snag that one,  but who ever was bidding against me was countering immediately each time so felt they really wanted it.

Loser.jpg

12 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Then X-Men 1 is for sure getting close price wise and Hulk 1 is rarer.

Possibly. I'd like to see another sale of a XM 1 in 8.0 or higher to see if it can be sustained at that price level.

I still think that the sale of that copy is an outlier.

1 hour ago, PKJ said:

Finally joined the club. I have screen shots of nearly every copy sold publicly since November and most the time I was the underbidder so usually close but no cigar. I also did not want to buy one I wanted to upgrade immediately so that may have delayed this longer than it should have.

All the X-men 1 versus Hulk 1 talk, for me Hulk 1 all day long.

I have owned all the "key" SA keys at some point except this one and SC4 so pretty excited to have this copy.

Myhulk1.jpg

myhulk1bc.jpg

lovely copy!, welcome aboard! 

glad I got my copy 8 years ago. this book is getting steamy again!

On 7/16/2021 at 8:19 PM, PKJ said:

Finally joined the club. I have screen shots of nearly every copy sold publicly since November and most of the time I was the underbidder so usually close but no cigar. I also did not want to buy one I wanted to upgrade immediately so that may have delayed this longer than it should have.

All the X-men 1 versus Hulk 1 talk, for me Hulk 1 all day long.

I have owned all the "key" SA keys at some point except this one and SC4 so pretty excited to have this copy.

Myhulk1.jpg

myhulk1bc.jpg

That was worth the wait! 

That cover is stunning for the grade.

Congrats! I'm jealous! 

On 7/21/2021 at 1:41 PM, Blue_Bolt said:

I picked up a stripped copy with the top third FC removed. Obviously not ideal but better than nothing to complete my Hulk 1 through 6 run.  I would like to upgrade to a 1.5-2.5 copy but that might not happen. Oh well.

Congrats on completing the run! It's a big book worth having in any grade!