• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, PKJ said:

I bailed at $14,501. Incredible result for a great copy.

I was actually going to bid up to 18,000. Overpaying just to secure a good copy of the book. Kind of relieved I didn’t. It was a great copy though, cover at least. The 2.0 on EB for 12,399 got nabbed a few days ago too

Edited by NightBreed74

9 hours ago, CatskillMike said:

$20k for the Hulk #1 CGC 2.0 on CL.

Wait? What? 

A 4.5 sold for $13,838 2 months ago.  How does this make sense? 

I didn't see either of the comics, but the 2.0 must have been amazing and the 4.5 must have had serious MC?

Edited by gadzukes

3 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Wait? What? 

A 4.5 sold for $13,838 2 months ago.  How does this make sense? 

I didn't see either of the comics, but the 2.0 must have been amazing and the 4.5 must have had serious MC?

Well, it did have a CVA sticker on it :devil:

1 hour ago, NightBreed74 said:

Just won the CL auction for the other Hulk 1 2.0 (white pages). I have only two books in my collection...X-Men 1 3.5 (purchased in summer 2020 as a 2.5 for $4900; had it cleaned and pressed with Susan at Resto Labs, graded up to 3.5), and now this Hulk 1 (worship)

You only have two books in your entire collection? 

If so, this are two good books to have! 

11 hours ago, NightBreed74 said:

Just won the CL auction for the other Hulk 1 2.0 (white pages). I have only two books in my collection...X-Men 1 3.5 (purchased in summer 2020 as a 2.5 for $4900; had it cleaned and pressed with Susan at Resto Labs, graded up to 3.5), and now this Hulk 1 (worship)

Congrats. Those are two great books to own.

2 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

My son (32 years old) only has 2 books in his collection too..... a Spiderman 1 CGC 5.0 and an X-Men 1 CGC 6.0.

When he was in the military and deployed he wasn't able to spend any money and his savings started to pile up.  I asked him if he wanted me to buy a couple comics for him as an investment.  He said yes, and these are the two comics I bought for him.  I think I spent about $8000 total for the 2 of them about 8 years ago.  The ASM 1 is probably a $20k book now, and the X1 has sold as high as $46k.

Yup, I should be getting my "father of the year" trophy soon.

You picked some winners!

I'm never a fan of long time collectors having to sell their collections during hard times, but I do love stories about how comic books have worked to improve people's lives. Paid for houses or retirement or whatever. 

It looks like your son's collection of two will provide financially security for years to come! 

Just now, KCOComics said:

You picked some winners!

I'm never a fan of long time collectors having to sell their collections during hard times, but I do love stories about how comic books have worked to improve people's lives. Paid for houses or retirement or whatever. 

It looks like your son's collection of two will provide financially security for years to come! 

He keeps telling me he wants to buy a Tesla.  I keep telling him he's got a Tesla in those 2 comics.

Hulk 3.5 W sold for $21K on Heritage last night, continuing the uptick the past few months in grades 5.5 (about $30K on both 5/31/21 on CC and 4/1/21 on CL, but also the $40K (!) for the CBCS 5.5 OW/W on eBay on 5/26) and 6.5 ($55.2K on 4/25/21), and the $13,260 for the 2.0 W on CL on 5/31/21.  There is also the $20,251 (!) fetched by the 2.0 OW/W CVA on 5/26/21 on CL.  This suggests that most of the GPA data for grades 2.5-7.5 is now stale and too low.    

Edited by Pantodude
typo

It looks like I missed my window to buy a copy. I won’t be happy with a beater copy.

There’s a 1.8 in the current Comic Connect Auction already priced super high..: