• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

Alex Toth goodness! :headbang:

I like it a lot.

AAMOWTrio.jpg

Added several All-American Westerns recently. Here's one of them -

100595.jpg

Never knew you to be a hoarder :lol:

I also picked up a 106 and 125. I'll post them when I get a chance to scan them ... even though the books were not in as nice a shape as advertised by the seller on eBay. Still, they went for cheap so no complaints from me.

Only 5 to go to complete the short (24 issues) run. :)

Edited by Scrooge

Never knew you to be a hoarder :lol:

I bought the Ohio first and then picked up the Church copy because it was prettier. Then Hawkeye copy came up for sale and was much higher grade so I grabbed it too.

I also picked up a 106 and 125. I'll post them when I get a chance to scan them ... even though the books were not in as nice a shape as advertised by the seller on eBay. Still, they went for cheap so no complaints from me.

Only 5 to go to complete the short (24 issues) run. :)

It's a great little run and I would love to have owned the whole Church set but it's expensive enough and dispersed that I'm happy with my sampling.

The 107 Church was just listed on eBay today. Graded at 9.8. It is priced accordingly meh

It's been trying to find a home ever since Parino paid too much for it.

I've been picking up some westerns lately. Here are a few.

I picked up some Blazing West's from Jim Payette after seeing honkey cat's great group shot. I like them and will post my own group shot of them in honor of honkey cat when I complete the run.

I wish they would have lightened up on the western "slang" a little though.

BlazingWest10.jpg

Lot's of killing in this Western Fighters (V1 #3).

WesternFightersV13-1.jpg

Western True Crime #6.

WesternTrueCrime6.jpg

CowboyWestern34.jpg

:applause:

Cool books. I never realized that Fujitani ever did work on Western. That was fun to see.

I have heard of Fujitani before but don't know much about him. I fell in love with that cover though as soon as I saw it. Did he always sign his last name as "Fuje" or was that due to the anti-Japanese sentiment so close to WWll?

I picked up some Blazing West's from Jim Payette after seeing honkey cat's great group shot. I like them and will post my own group shot of them in honor of honkey cat when I complete the run.

sufferin' sassafras! way to go, yuh ornery polecat. and here i 'uz thinkin' ya a tenderfoot.

hmmm, mebbe i read too many of these here books over tha years....

sufferin' sassafras! way to go, yuh ornery polecat. and here i 'uz thinkin' ya a tenderfoot.

hmmm, mebbe i read too many of these here books over tha years....

lol

Nice copy of Jesse James # 1 :applause: The only one of the three books you posted I don't own :(

Is the art by Kubert and / or Infantino in that early issue?

I don't know who's art it is but based on my very limited "art detecting" skills I say no Kubert. Here are some pages though.

JesseJames1page1.jpg

jessejames1page2.jpg

:bump:

You'd think the guy who started this thread would update it more often :baiting:

Esp. given that this might be the only thread in Gold dedicated to Western Comics :sorry:

Recently arrived, Cisco Kid # 3 :)

CiscoKid3_zpsa63c63ca.jpg

8639645333_5a2e8808c5_c.jpg

Maybe I should put my Ghost Rider group shot in this thread. The precode comic group doesn't seem to think that these westerns contained horror stories, in spite of the zombies, ghouls and witches drawn by Ayers.