• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

How small are the midget comics?

The Midgets are uncommonly seen. Not sure if it's due to scarcity or lack of demand, but that #1 was only the 3rd copy I can recall seeing.

Posted earlier in the Atomic Age thread. The only westerns I have more than a handful of are ACGs. For anyone interested in scarcity, I think #8 took me quite awhile to locate.

4639515733_5881d4536d_o.jpg

A closer look at the first 15:

4639515887_ee0e8b06cd_o.jpg

Title changed to Hooded Horseman, ended with #27, then picked up the numbering of Out of the Night (both volumes are incomplete here, sorry). If you're not familiar w/ Cowboy Sahib you should try to read a story or two.

4640128238_7cb29fa6d4_o.jpg

I'm guessing the first issue is Texan #7, but what comic is the photo story in?

I have no idea what the source is of the photo stories. There are a few so this was a whole comic at one point. I don't think it was done by St. John. They were probably remnants of a company they bought out.

donnaswesterns001.jpg

Did you know that before Trigger was "Trigger", it was Maid Marian's horse in The Adventures of Robin Hood with Errol Flynn (1938).

We just watched the Blu Ray version last night and it's a fantastic copy of this film, which I tend to watch every other year for whatever reason. I believe my wife will soon demand that I stop that :lol:

donnaswesterns001.jpg

Did you know that before Trigger was "Trigger", it was Maid Marian's horse in The Adventures of Robin Hood with Errol Flynn (1938).

We just watched the Blu Ray version last night and it's a fantastic copy of this film, which I tend to watch every other year for whatever reason. I believe my wife will soon demand that I stop that :lol:

No I didn't. That's very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Some recent additions to my new western collection.

Outlaws13.jpg

TomMixWestern11.jpg

TomMixWestern9.jpg

GeneAutryComics5raw.jpg

ClassicsIllustrated72.jpg

The Outlaws and Gene Autry were pulled from CGC cases (7.5 and 7.0). I'll leave the Tom Mix's in and get reader copies if I can't find them online.

I bought this as a raw 8.0 from Metro and had it graded then sent it in to CGC to get slabbed with my coupon. I then mailed it to Comic Link to sell in their May auction. A few days later I got a huge urge to start collecting westerns and they let me pull it from the auction and sent it back to me. I'm glad I had a change of heart since I have come to love those Kinstler covers.

KingoftheBadMenofDeadwood.jpg

You were going to sell this cool Kinstler book???????

Good thing you came to your senses :kidaround:

I bought this as a raw 8.0 from Metro and had it graded then sent it in to CGC to get slabbed with my coupon. I then mailed it to Comic Link to sell in their May auction. A few days later I got a huge urge to start collecting westerns and they let me pull it from the auction and sent it back to me. I'm glad I had a change of heart since I have come to love those Kinstler covers.

KingoftheBadMenofDeadwood.jpg

I'm sure you've all seen, but there are some NICE runs of GA Western (and War) books on www.wwcomics.com .....the Circle 8 Wyatt Earp books are sweet. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u