• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
12 12

2,270 posts in this topic

Thank goodness, I can stand lower grades though I do wish I'd get a better copy of # 116 with the missing chunk on the cover but that was an eBay purchase eons ago where the seller had a decent amount of the run for sale and I got the #116 for opening bid and combined the shipping.

The 120 I had never seen before for sale and was the last I needed so I jumped on it. Too much so, so that the dealer knew he "had" me sold. lol

Good luck on your search :wishluck:

Thank goodness, I can stand lower grades though I do wish I'd get a better copy of # 116 with the missing chunk on the cover but that was an eBay purchase eons ago where the seller had a decent amount of the run for sale and I got the #116 for opening bid and combined the shipping.

The 120 I had never seen before for sale and was the last I needed so I jumped on it. Too much so, so that the dealer knew he "had" me sold. lol

Good luck on your search :wishluck:

Thanks!! It does not surprise me that you had never seen the 120 on sale before, some of those are really tough to get in any grade. Every now and then I see a few issues that I'm missing, but they often ge over guide and I do not want to pay over guide for everything I buy.

Wow, those All American Westerns must be scarce for sure, 125 is a no-show in the Gerber Guides.

They are quite scarce. All-American Comics 100 - 102 (the 3 first Johnny Thunder issue) are listed as scarce in the guide, but I think that a lot of the AA Western issues are harder to find.

:applause: Some great DC's posted today guys.

The early Western Comics and the Toth run of AAW have been on my want list for a while.

They have been on my list for a while as well, the thing is that I'm not really chasing them, since I'd like to complete Infantino Adam Strange and Flash first. I got outbid on 2 issues last month on Comiclink though.

As have they been on mine but budget constraints and all, I have not searched them out actively -

Western40_zpsae91b788.jpg

WesternComics32_zpsb11bc3b5.jpg

I don't really know if they are as scarce as AAW, but here are a lot more issues, so I guess that this title is not easy to complete.

8719592259_de3733d802_b.jpg

From Heritage, not mine, unfortunately... (shrug)

8639645333_5a2e8808c5_c.jpg

NICE...... out of my league, but thanks for posting them...... that # 2 is one of my favorite covers. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

As the riders closed on by him- he heard one call his name:

If you want to save your soul from hell a riding on our range-

Then cowboy change your ways today or with us you will ride,

Tryin' to catch the devil’s herd... across these endless skies.

Yipie i oh Yipie i ay-

Ghost riders in the sky,

Ghost riders in the sky.

img345.jpg

As the riders closed on by him- he heard one call his name:

If you want to save your soul from hell a riding on our range-

Then cowboy change your ways today or with us you will ride,

Tryin' to catch the devil’s herd... across these endless skies.

Yipie i oh Yipie i ay-

Ghost riders in the sky,

Ghost riders in the sky.

img345.jpg

:cloud9:

Perhaps. In this case, that is the 9.4 copy that was removed from it's holder.

:applause: Always nice to see books in their intended condition.

Cleaning up the office, I stopped quickly to read my copy of Fury # 1, the only issue of the title in fact, and slowed down to appreciate Meagher's work. Not a big name but, in my eyes, a competent and deserving craftsman who sustained this series for a long stretch. Meagher's sense of place is always evident in his work and coupled with solid staging, it always makes for a thoroughly entertaining reading experience. I had time to scan a couple panels as well.

Fury1_zps602598e1.jpg

In which Straight Arrow and Fury have their first meeting of the mind and decide to partner up for the long run after Straight Arrow nurses Fury back to full speed; bucolic, saccharine maybe but simple and heartfelt -

Fury1-MeetingoftheMinds_zpsede5d82b.jpg

In some pages, Meagher doesn't shy from using the entire page to accentuate either the place or the vastness of the action. These two stretch panels appear on the same page, though not on top of each other (that I did in Photoshop) -

Fury1-PageStretch_zpsf0eebd34.jpg

I liked the perspective, composition and foreboding from this panel (These are not indians but rather guys in disguise aiming to prevent the convoy to make it to Nevada) -

Fury1-IndianAttacks_zps786f1a10.jpg

His action is "believable" (I know it's hard to say that when a horse participates but within the confines of a comic book, it's as believable as it's going to get) and not over the top and pleasantly staged -

Fury1-FisstFight_zpsd7fe6772.jpg