• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,254 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, adamstrange said:

There are probably a few hundred middish grade Church books that occurred naturally so I would not assume any particular book was cat-damaged unless there is some sort of evidence related to that.

Take my word for it. Those cats peed all over the place. Nothing natural about John...  I think Bedrock has one of the damaged Punch issues. 

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Take my word for it. Those cats peed all over the place. Nothing natural about John...  I think Bedrock has one of the damaged Punch issues. 

I have a couple of pee-damaged Church copies as well but there were hundreds of 50s books in the Church collection that came out of Edgar's basement in middish grade.  No McLaughlin cats were involved. 

3 hours ago, adamstrange said:

I have a couple of pee-damaged Church copies as well but there were hundreds of 50s books in the Church collection that came out of Edgar's basement in middish grade.  No McLaughlin cats were involved. 

No cat pee on this one,just a big bend lower left corner.

(I don't get to post this often,bear with me,it's my only Church!)

0o.jpg

15 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

No cat pee on this one,just a big bend lower left corner.

(I don't get to post this often,bear with me,it's my only Church!)

0o.jpg

Pretty tough series to find.  I just checked, and this issue has only five copies on the census.

I remember years ago reading an interview with Harlan Ellison in which he referred to Supersnipe as his favorite comic when he was a kid.  At that point I don't think I had ever seen a copy of any issue. 

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Pretty tough series to find.  I just checked, and this issue has only five copies on the census.

I remember years ago reading an interview with Harlan Ellison in which he referred to Supersnipe as his favorite comic when he was a kid.  At that point I don't think I had ever seen a copy of any issue. 

I have not found many..two more maybe?I love the character,idea.When I purchased this,I had been interested for a while,but was just getting back into comics,onto the internet.Living where I do,there was not a lot of gold,atomic era stuff to be found for sale

I was fortunate to find this in a Esquire sales thread..it was affordable,I loved the cover,and a Church book.Funny,if I remember right,most of the other books for sale were Church Westerns(keeping a little on topic of the thread).

One of maybe a dozen or less slabs I have not cracked out to read,hope to find a raw one day.

Five copies?Thank you for another reason to post this! :foryou: