• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

You need to get a life, I don't answer to you...you wanted to buy a book from me, you didn't pull the trigger, I sold the book early this morning. In my humble opinion sounds like sour grapes to me on your part. I do however want to respond to the rest of the members on here interested in hearing the truth, not some one sided conspiracy theory . I have sold.... I am certain more copies of Avengers #57 over the last 37 years Kryto has, no dought many, many more . This is not the same copy....period !

Can't believe you said that with a straight face. Jesus, how stupid can you get :screwy:

ahahhahahh mschmidt....you are joke !!! :screwy:

What exactly do you see in your world? In almost everyones elses world this is the exact same book. The marks are the same everything is the same, and yet somehow you think there is enough fools to buy this. This is amazing that you are still in denial.

Same book, without a doubt. Without a dougt I won't be shopping on your sales threads Franken.

I have one question about all of this. Even if the book is the same as the other. Is it not possible that it could be a 9.2 or even a 9.0 or an 8.0 for that matter. After all grading is very subjective (shrug) . One mans 9.2 maybe another mans 8.5. What I really would like to see is the CGC graders notes on this book to see what the pregrader and the final graders gave it. After all we are talking about less than 1 point in the grades

Just a $500 difference, that's all

even with a $500.00 difference Is it not possible that who ever bought or buys the book may believe it to be higher OR lower than the CGC grade of 8.5? I mean come on how many of us have bought a PGX book cracked it out and submitted it to CGC and a different grade higher or lower comes back. Just using that to make a point that grading is very subjuctive and if you asked 20 different people to look at the book in hand I would say you would get a range of 8.0-9.2. I understand that there is a big difference in price. However, if the buyer or potenial buyer agrees with the grade the Dr gave it and is completely happy . Is there anything wrong with that?

Its a totally different situation if he sells it as a 9.2 and the buyer is unhappy and wants to return the book. As long as the Dr. refunds the money or adjusts the price accordingly then that would be ok as well IMHO

You obviously haven't read the thread, the book was sold as a CGC 8.5 in less then a month an attempt was made to sell this book as a raw 9.2, no mention of the history, the seller then states that neither of these books were the same :screwy:

I have one question about all of this. Even if the book is the same as the other. Is it not possible that it could be a 9.2 or even a 9.0 or an 8.0 for that matter. After all grading is very subjective (shrug) . One mans 9.2 maybe another mans 8.5. What I really would like to see is the CGC graders notes on this book to see what the pregrader and the final graders gave it. After all we are talking about less than 1 point in the grades

even with a $500.00 difference Is it not possible that who ever bought or buys the book may believe it to be higher OR lower than the CGC grade of 8.5? I mean come on how many of us have bought a PGX book cracked it out and submitted it to CGC and a different grade higher or lower comes back. Just using that to make a point that grading is very subjuctive and if you asked 20 different people to look at the book in hand I would say you would get a range of 8.0-9.2. I understand that there is a big difference in price. However, if the buyer or potenial buyer agrees with the grade the Dr gave it and is completely happy . Is there anything wrong with that?

Its a totally different situation if he sells it as a 9.2 and the buyer is unhappy and wants to return the book. As long as the Dr. refunds the money or adjusts the price accordingly then that would be ok as well IMHO

You're missing the point by about a mile.

Muscleshark bought a pressed, slabbed 8.5 book - he cracks it, offers up it for sale as 9.2 raw, and doesn't disclose the fact that it was pressed (which I personally don't care about) and that it was previously graded as a 8.5 (which I do care about).

If you don't see the blatant dishonesty in that, you shouldn't be selling here on the boards either.

K. The guy is being 100% deceitful.

I was on his side until he started lying.

Wasn't Frank involved in some controversial selling racket before? Seems like I remember him being in the middle of some trifecta of lies, but finally managed to clear his name.

Perhaps first impressions are the best. Then again, comic collectors will deal with the devil if he's selling a book they want. Crazy.

heres a quick pm convo between frank and I, im not trying to sling more poop here, just trying to help get this resolved one way or another

so if anyone wants to do an ebay search...

frankenstien

I realize they look very much alike, however I did sell the other copy and mailed it out today to a customer on ebay. I don't care what these guys think...they have it in for me because of a hassle I had with MCmiles....part of their "south florida posse"

ahahhahah

whatever,

Thanks Buddy,

Best,

Frank

I don't know Kryptospidey at all. I bought a book from him last year with no problems. We haven't spoken since.

I'm not from South Florida

There is no "Posse"

Muscleshark bought a pressed, slabbed 8.5 book - he cracks it, offers up it for sale as 9.2 raw, and doesn't disclose the fact that it was pressed (which I personally don't care about) and that it was previously graded as a 8.5 (which I do care about).

If you don't see the blatant dishonesty in that, you shouldn't be selling here on the boards either.

I see the blatant dishonesty, but quite frankly, looking at the book, I can't see anyone here believing that it was a 9.2, despite the glad-handing going on in frankie's thread over this book...., meh

I would have to agree on CGC's assessment of this book, no matter what pressing, cleaning, etc., happened post sale. And I don't agree with CGC on many things.

I don't know Kryptospidey at all. I bought a book from him last year with no problems. We haven't spoken since.

I'm not from South Florida

There is no "Posse"

I know him through board purchases, and he grades harshly and sells cheaply.

Can I point out that I'm not part of any 'posse', nor am I anywhere near South Florida, nor did I know you had a run-in with McMiles.

That being said...you're a lying tosser. (thumbs u

Yes, he definitely is a tosser.

(shrug)

You need to get a life, I don't answer to you...you wanted to buy a book from me, you didn't pull the trigger, I sold the book early this morning. In my humble opinion sounds like sour grapes to me on your part. I do however want to respond to the rest of the members on here interested in hearing the truth, not some one sided conspiracy theory . I have sold.... I am certain more copies of Avengers #57 over the last 37 years Kryto has, no dought many, many more . This is not the same copy....period !

Can't believe you said that with a straight face. Jesus, how stupid can you get :screwy:

i can't believe no ones correcting his spelling lol

dought = doubt

It's not a spelling error, it's a new grading term that is used to describe two books that look exactly alike even though only one book exists and the seller insists there are two.

For example:

"I dought anyone on the CGC Board will catch this attempt at prestidigitation."

*POOF*

Now there are two books!

I see the point but your not seeing mine. I tend to grade very hard on books myself when submitting them to CGC alot of times a book I say is one grade and CGC says its higher. I also have seen books that are labeled CGC 9.8 and there is no way the book is a 9.8 MY POINT IS GRADING IS SUBJECTIVE :makepoint:. Not saying the book was pressed or cleaned is a different story (tsk) . They fact that all three graders gave the book a 8.5 leads me to favor the grade of 8.5 but still someone may think its a 9.0. As far as me selling on these boards. I have never had a complaint from anyone that has bought a book from me. Furthermore, if they had a issue with shipping damage or a problem of the book then I always made good to make sure the customer was happy. Because my second point you missed is IF THE BUYER IS HAPPY WITH WHAT HE PURCHASED THAN THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MAKING A PROFIT ON A BOOK :makepoint:

I am done commenting on this situation because I refuse to get drug into :baiting: mudslinging I just wanted to express my views on the conversation. I wasn't defending anyone as I have nothing to gain I was just giving my honest nonbias oppionion on what I think. When did that become a bad thing?

Trey

Can I point out that I'm not part of any 'posse', nor am I anywhere near South Florida, nor did I know you had a run-in with McMiles.

That being said...you're a lying tosser. (thumbs u

Yes, he definitely is a tosser.

(shrug)

It's english for wanker