• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

like i said..post a picture of the 8.5 still slabbed,and sealed with today's date on a paper next to it...

:popcorn:

krypto....

I would post the book here if I still had it. I recenly sold the book at Wonder Con . Having said this I admit the books look almost identical, however even though they are very similiar, they are not the same book . Apparently I can not clear my name here because I don't have any evidence to refute your claims that I am guilty, however a person is not guilty because they can not prove their innocense . I will be pursuing a legal opinion regarding your defamatory statements here. I will not be subject to defend every ridiculous claim made here.

Thanks to anyone keeping an open mind regarding this as this isn't the "end of the world", but it does suck considering I have done zero wrong here.

Did you say Lawyers?

:fear:

like i said..post a picture of the 8.5 still slabbed,and sealed with today's date on a paper next to it...

krypto....

I would post the book here if I still had it. I recenly sold the book at Wonder Con . Having said this I admit the books look almost identical, however even though they are very similiar, they are not the same book . Apparently I can not clear my name here because I don't have any evidence to refute your claims that I am guilty, however a person is not guilty because they can not prove their innocense . I will be pursuing a legal opinion regarding your defamatory statements here. I will not be subject to defend every ridiculous claim made here.

Thanks to anyone keeping an open mind regarding this as this isn't the "end of the world", but it does suck considering I have done zero wrong here.

A threat of legal action, some one called it in an earlier post.

heres a quick pm convo between frank and I, im not trying to sling more poop here, just trying to help get this resolved one way or another

so if anyone wants to do an ebay search...

frankenstien

I realize they look very much alike, however I did sell the other copy and mailed it out today to a customer on ebay. I don't care what these guys think...they have it in for me because of a hassle I had with MCmiles....part of their "south florida posse"

ahahhahah

whatever,

Thanks Buddy,

Best,

Frank

me

you should post a link to the ebay auction then.

cause considering whats going on in that thread

you wont be able to sell here anymore otherwise

mark

frankenstein

HI Mark.........

After this nonsense....I don't want to sell here anymore buddy.

This is ridiculous,

I just don't have time for it...

best,

Frank

me

fair enough man

but if i were you..i'd hate being called a liar if i could prove that i was'nt

frankenstein

I don't think I understand your logic...I don't have the book anymore?

best,

Frank

me

if u link the ended auction on ebay of kryptos book,

it would prove that ur not dishonest and put alotta egg on alotta boardies faces

post the t# on it

and the raw copy with a date..you win

frankenstein

I get it.

Mark,

I sent emails out days ago to several guys that buy a lot of books from me....about 9:00 am one of them called me( long time customer ) and took the book. I didn't have the thread closed because I forgot to close it. Also I posted that the thread closed in about 60 minutes?

me

hey im not judgeing or criticizing

just trying to help clear ur name

mark

frankenstein

I know that, I appreciate it....I just don't see any real way to clear my name unless the guy that bought it goes on and says " hey, I bought it early this morning"

best,

Frank

me

well u sold kryptos copy via ebay

post the link to that that sale and ur good ...

EBAY OR WONDERCON

Edited by campued1010

Did it sell on ebay like you told tortoise or at wondercon?

May want to give up before adding more lies to the pile.

doh! ...and deeper we go.....

I sold the slabbed copy at Wonder Con you B.o.n.e.h.e.a.d , if you were as smart as you think you are, you would have figured that out.

If I have legal recourse here...I hope all your friends pitch in to help you out :screwy: You continue to go out on a limb even though nothing was done to you. Even if you are right ( your not however) , you have suffered no damage here?

You will know soon enough, I have an email in to find out your exposure here Krypto . You have a huge mouth, I certainly hope you are ready to back it up ? (shrug)

krypto....

A threat of legal action, some one called it in an earlier post.

We won't be at the bottom of this until the trump card is pulled and he mentions "Nazis". :P

I sold the slabbed copy at Wonder Con you B.o.n.e.h.e.a.d , if you were as smart as you think you are, you would have figured that out.

If I have legal recourse here...I hope all your friends pitch in to help you out :screwy: You continue to go out on a limb even though nothing was done to you. Even if you are right ( your not however) , you have suffered no damage here?

You will know soon enough, I have an email in to find out your exposure here Krypto . You have a huge mouth, I certainly hope you are ready to back it up ? (shrug)

what the hell does this mean?

"my exposure" here? I have a huge mouth?

I just call it like i see it....

heres a quick pm convo between frank and I, im not trying to sling more poop here, just trying to help get this resolved one way or another

frankenstien

I realize they look very much alike, however I did sell the other copy and mailed it out today to a customer on ebay. I don't care what these guys think...they have it in for me because of a hassle I had with MCmiles....part of their "south florida posse"

ahahhahah

whatever,

Thanks Buddy,

Best,

Frank

me

mark

frankenstein

HI Mark.........

This is ridiculous,

best,

Frank

me

fair enough man

frankenstein

best,

Frank

me

it would prove that ur not dishonest and put alotta egg on alotta boardies faces

post the t# on it

frankenstein

I get it.

Mark,

I sent emails out days ago to several guys that buy a lot of books from me....about 9:00 am one of them called me( long time customer ) and took the book. I didn't have the thread closed because I forgot to close it. Also I posted that the thread closed in about 60 minutes?

me

mark

frankenstein

I know that, I appreciate it....I just don't see any real way to clear my name unless the guy that bought it goes on and says " hey, I bought it early this morning"

best,

Frank

me

EBAY OR WONDERCON

Hey Andre, what happened to your comment on Trey Baiting?

btw enjoying the Tec 30?

frankenstien

ahahhahah

whatever,

Thanks Buddy,

Best,

Frank

me

mark

frankenstein

HI Mark.........

This is ridiculous,

best,

Frank

me

fair enough man

frankenstein

best,

Frank

me

post the t# on it

frankenstein

I get it.

Mark,

me

mark

frankenstein

best,

Frank

me

EBAY OR WONDERCON

MARK.....I thought you were much smarter than you actually apparently are. I recently bought an Avengers #4 CGC 7.0 from you here on the boards with a friend of mine from Idaho, you shipped the book directly to me, I vouched for you as a fellow board member...I guess past experience in the real world doesn't matter to you ? I sold the slab at wonder Con genius.....I sold the raw copy copy this morning to an Ebay customer....I forgot to take the thread down for a couple of hours...BIG DEAL !!!!

frankenstien

ahahhahah

whatever,

Thanks Buddy,

Best,

Frank

me

mark

frankenstein

HI Mark.........

This is ridiculous,

best,

Frank

me

fair enough man

frankenstein

best,

Frank

me

post the t# on it

frankenstein

I get it.

Mark,

me

mark

frankenstein

best,

Frank

me

EBAY OR WONDERCON

Hey Andre, what happened to your comment on Trey Baiting?

btw enjoying the Tec 30?

Love it, went to edit it and hit delete post. Too lazy to repost as it lost momentum. Waiting to see your books on the TEC thread.

I have one question about all of this. Even if the book is the same as the other. Is it not possible that it could be a 9.2 or even a 9.0 or an 8.0 for that matter. After all grading is very subjective (shrug) . One mans 9.2 maybe another mans 8.5. What I really would like to see is the CGC graders notes on this book to see what the pregrader and the final graders gave it. After all we are talking about less than 1 point in the grades

As far as disclosing pressing. I don't really prefer pressed books . However, some people say its ok some say its not. This issue is like trying to bring peace to the middle east . So I am not going there

I am not an expert in the area of Avengers #57 but I will say it does look like the same book to me .

I'm not trying to enflame the situation I am just asking?

Well if he actually went with this defense he may of had some people in his corner, but he decided to go with the no it is a different book route. At this point whether this is a 9.2 or an 8.5 is no longer the issue.

Yep, the cover-up is worse than the "crime". Too bad as the original complaint does bring up some issues that have been overshadowed:

Is cracking a CGC 8.5 that one feels justified in calling a raw 9.2 as problematic if you sell it in a different venue?

If CGC knowingly bumps the grade of a book (especially if it's due to pressing or dry cleaning) should they disclose that somewhere (at least in the grader's notes)?

Would the situation be any different if it had been purchased as a raw 8.5 from a board member?

If one buys a book that they feel CGC has been overly harsh on ( I don't feel this was the case with the Avengers #57 - but grading is subjective after all), and cracks it out without the initial intent of reselling raw, but eventually does so, are they ethically obligated to disclose the prior CGC grade?

If one purchases a slabbed book that they later become fairly certain was pressed and or cleaned prior to slabbing, do they have an obligation to disclose this when selling?

Is there anything wrong with buying a book on the boards with intent to flip - and is it somehow offensive to offer the book back to the boards at a steep mark-up?

Frank just told me in a Pm that he sold the CGC slab at Wondercon

He says he sold the slabbed 8.5 at Wonder Con and the raw 9.2 to a customer off eBay: I sent emails out days ago to several guys that buy a lot of books from me....about 9:00 am one of them called me( long time customer ) and took the book. I didn't have the thread closed because I forgot to close it. Also I posted that the thread closed in about 60 minutes? Just to clarify for everyone (thumbs u

Yep, the cover-up is worse than the "crime". Too bad as the original complaint does bring up some issues that have been overshadowed:

If CGC knowingly bumps the grade of a book (especially if it's due to pressing or dry cleaning) should they disclose that somewhere (at least in the grader's notes)?

How would CGC "knowingly" bump a grade? If they receive a slabbed book, it's cracked out before reaching the grading staff's hands.

Is there anything wrong with buying a book on the boards with intent to flip - and is it somehow offensive to offer the book back to the boards at a steep mark-up?

Not if it's done the right way..

But to de-slab a 8.5 that was pressed,and then crack it out,and sell it raw as a 9.2 with more "work" obviously done to it,and disclose none of it,YES.

And at 4 1/2 x's what it sold for here slabbed.

Edited by kryptospidey

I'm not trying to egg you on in this situation. But last time something blew up, you threatened people, promised to F their mothers, and all sorts of irrational challenges.

I'd recommend not going down that path again, and threatening fellow board members. Especially sending emails demanding someone's personal info, which CGC would never expose themselves like that without a court order.

Just go the path of truth, and if anything after looking this book over you felt CGC made a mistake. It is very clear this is the same book.

The only mistake was not revealing in the sales thread this was formly graded by CGC and pressed. I think that is what has folks up in arms, and rightly so.