• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

2c .... someones sig says it the best, can't remember who but it goes a little something like this:

"if it is not being disclosed, your being hosed"

:hi:

Couldn't for the life of me remember who's sig line it was in. Thanks! I think your the first person to actually read on of my posts lol

Edited by LovinTheSurfer

Is there anything wrong with buying a book on the boards with intent to flip - and is it somehow offensive to offer the book back to the boards at a steep mark-up?

Not if it's done the right way..

But to de-slab a 8.5 that was pressed,and then crack it out,and sell it raw as a 9.2 with more "work" obviously done to it,and disclose none of it,YES.

And at 4 1/2 x's what it sold for here slabbed.

I didn't really see anything wrong with anything the guy did until he just up and lied about it.

They're the same book. There is zero doubt. To try to convince anyone that they are different is insulting.

Man up and get it over with, Frank. The sooner you do the sooner everyone will forgive you.

Trying to stand your ground when there is no ground to stand is completely insane.

Is there anything wrong with buying a book on the boards with intent to flip - and is it somehow offensive to offer the book back to the boards at a steep mark-up?

Not if it's done the right way..

But to de-slab a 8.5 that was pressed,and then crack it out,and sell it raw as a 9.2 with more "work" obviously done to it,and disclose none of it,YES.

And at 4 1/2 x's what it sold for here slabbed.

I didn't really see anything wrong with anything the guy did until he just up and lied about it.

They're the same book. There is zero doubt. To try to convince anyone that they are different is insulting.

Man up and get it over with, Frank. The sooner you do the sooner everyone will forgive you.

Trying to stand your ground when there is no ground to stand is completely insane.

:applause: Edited by Storm Shadow

I just read through all this, what a mess.

If somebody called me a liar and I could disprove them, that's all I would be working on.....disproving them and making them look like the biggest fool ever. I would bring down a merciless, thundering, in your suck hole, smack down that might never end until I felt I got at least 5 pounds of flesh to boot.

I haven't seen that happen yet so what should I think? This is not the kind of thing you dance, dangle or dipsy-doodle around. If he could prove beyond any doubt that this ain't the same book, he'd of done it already.

Another one bites the dust? Who was it most recently? The Question and his pimp ride vs TOS 39? What is wrong with people? This place brings out the shady, liar in folks I guess.

Yep, the cover-up is worse than the "crime". Too bad as the original complaint does bring up some issues that have been overshadowed:

If CGC knowingly bumps the grade of a book (especially if it's due to pressing or dry cleaning) should they disclose that somewhere (at least in the grader's notes)?

How would CGC "knowingly" bump a grade? If they receive a slabbed book, it's cracked out before reaching the grading staff's hands.

There has been at least one thread concerning a high profile pedigree book that was cracked worked on and resubbed. It's quite possible that the graders were unaware of the previous grade, but if they had been aware that the book had been "improved", do they ignore that fact and just grade it on its currnet merits or should they make note? I realize it's a hypothetical, but I'm curious as to what people think.

like i said..post a picture of the 8.5 still slabbed,and sealed with today's date on a paper next to it...

:popcorn:

krypto....

I would post the book here if I still had it. I recenly sold the book at Wonder Con . Having said this I admit the books look almost identical, however even though they are very similiar, they are not the same book . Apparently I can not clear my name here because I don't have any evidence to refute your claims that I am guilty, however a person is not guilty because they can not prove their innocense . I will be pursuing a legal opinion regarding your defamatory statements here. I will not be subject to defend every ridiculous claim made here.

Thanks to anyone keeping an open mind regarding this as this isn't the "end of the world", but it does suck considering I have done zero wrong here.

Man...didn't see that coming.

Does Robojo have a teenage son?

like i said..post a picture of the 8.5 still slabbed,and sealed with today's date on a paper next to it...

krypto....

I would post the book here if I still had it. I recenly sold the book at Wonder Con . Having said this I admit the books look almost identical, however even though they are very similiar, they are not the same book . Apparently I can not clear my name here because I don't have any evidence to refute your claims that I am guilty, however a person is not guilty because they can not prove their innocense . I will be pursuing a legal opinion regarding your defamatory statements here. I will not be subject to defend every ridiculous claim made here.

Thanks to anyone keeping an open mind regarding this as this isn't the "end of the world", but it does suck considering I have done zero wrong here.

Only problem I have with this statement is that many people were made aware of your MO when you joined the boards as MUSCLESHARK, now your actions as Dr. Frankenstein have proven it...perhaps we should give you the benefit of the doubt on your fourth chance?

Jim

krypto....

A threat of legal action, some one called it in an earlier post.

We won't be at the bottom of this until the trump card is pulled and he mentions "Nazis". :P

I don't have much comedy on lawyers involvement with comics, but I DO have a bit on those narsty narzis... enjoy. we can all relate to a comic deal gone bad.

Hitler Gets Plodded

The Question and his pimp ride vs TOS 39?

I totally missed that one. Can you give the Reader's Digest version?

The Question said he sold a TOS 39 to buy some rims. Then he showed pics of his rides. Well, turns out the pics of one of his cars were taken from a website. Turns out he didn't own said car and the pics were lifted to show off. Fail!

Edited by TheWatcher

The Question said he sold a TOS 39 to buy some rims. Then he showed pics of his rides. Well, turns out the pics of one of his cars were taken from a website. Turns out he didn't own said car and the pics were lifted to show off. Fail!

I remember that one, too funny! A real knee slapper that one was

:shy:

I'm speechless...

You will know soon enough, I have an email in to find out your exposure here Krypto . You have a huge mouth, I certainly hope you are ready to back it up ? (shrug)

I'm not trying to egg you on in this situation. But last time something blew up, you threatened people, promised to F their mothers, and all sorts of irrational challenges.

I'd recommend not going down that path again, and threatening fellow board members. Especially sending emails demanding someone's personal info, which CGC would never expose themselves like that without a court order.

Just go the path of truth, and if anything after looking this book over you felt CGC made a mistake. It is very clear this is the same book.

The only mistake was not revealing in the sales thread this was formly graded by CGC and pressed. I think that is what has folks up in arms, and rightly so.

Bosco...Thanks for taking a rational approach here with this comment. You are right about "last time" I did blow up and I shouldn't have. I am not making any threats here....I am simply stating the facts....Krypto has defamed me publicly, if I have legal recourse I will in fact be taking that path. No threats....just hoping he is ready to back up his very big mouth . I have done nothing wrong here. Just because I have sold the books doesn't make me guilty, also have done nothing to him personally . I should know by tomorrow what recourse I have of a legal sort.I also have a call into someone that actually witnessed me selling the CGC 8.5 at WonderCon.

:shy:

I'm speechless...

When he was on the boards as Procrustean, he did the same thing with some CGC graded comics. ASM V2 #36 10.0s, I believe.

You will know soon enough, I have an email in to find out your exposure here Krypto . You have a huge mouth, I certainly hope you are ready to back it up ? (shrug)

I'm not trying to egg you on in this situation. But last time something blew up, you threatened people, promised to F their mothers, and all sorts of irrational challenges.

I'd recommend not going down that path again, and threatening fellow board members. Especially sending emails demanding someone's personal info, which CGC would never expose themselves like that without a court order.

Just go the path of truth, and if anything after looking this book over you felt CGC made a mistake. It is very clear this is the same book.

The only mistake was not revealing in the sales thread this was formly graded by CGC and pressed. I think that is what has folks up in arms, and rightly so.

Bosco...Thanks for taking a rational approach here with this comment. You are right about "last time" I did blow up and I shouldn't have. I am not making any threats here....I am simply stating the facts....Krypto has defamed me publicly, if I have legal recourse I will in fact be taking that path. No threats....just hoping he is ready to back up his very big mouth . I have done nothing wrong here. Just because I have sold the books doesn't make me guilty, also have done nothing to him personally . I should know by tomorrow what recourse I have of a legal sort.I also have a call into someone that actually witnessed me selling the CGC 8.5 at WonderCon.

I doubt if it's much legal recourse - you're both using aliases.

PROOF! WE WANT PROOF! Obviously, the "Wondercon Sale" can't really be confirmed but what about the Ebay sale???

:popcorn: I have a feeling I'm going to be eating a lot of popcorn tonight