• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest stuff going on in the Board Only Sales Area Forum...Sad.
5 5

1,781 posts in this topic

I have one question about all of this. Even if the book is the same as the other. Is it not possible that it could be a 9.2 or even a 9.0 or an 8.0 for that matter. After all grading is very subjective (shrug) . One mans 9.2 maybe another mans 8.5. What I really would like to see is the CGC graders notes on this book to see what the pregrader and the final graders gave it. After all we are talking about less than 1 point in the grades

Just a $500 difference, that's all

even with a $500.00 difference Is it not possible that who ever bought or buys the book may believe it to be higher OR lower than the CGC grade of 8.5? I mean come on how many of us have bought a PGX book cracked it out and submitted it to CGC and a different grade higher or lower comes back. Just using that to make a point that grading is very subjuctive and if you asked 20 different people to look at the book in hand I would say you would get a range of 8.0-9.2. I understand that there is a big difference in price. However, if the buyer or potenial buyer agrees with the grade the Dr gave it and is completely happy . Is there anything wrong with that?

Its a totally different situation if he sells it as a 9.2 and the buyer is unhappy and wants to return the book. As long as the Dr. refunds the money or adjusts the price accordingly then that would be ok as well IMHO

You're missing the point by about a mile.

Muscleshark bought a pressed, slabbed 8.5 book - he cracks it, offers up it for sale as 9.2 raw, and doesn't disclose the fact that it was pressed (which I personally don't care about) and that it was previously graded as a 8.5 (which I do care about).

If you don't see the blatant dishonesty in that, you shouldn't be selling here on the boards either.

On the side of being open minded, I sold a bronze key to Jive who thought it looked much better than the assigned CGC grade and so he gave it a straight resub and it went from a CGC 9.0 to a CGC 9.6. True story.

On the topic of this thread, Frank just lied through his teeth without flinching a muscle. They are without a doubt the same book. That's enough for me.

Same book beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Seller reminds me of the Eddie Murphy bit in the 1980's about how most men will never admit to doing something wrong, even when caught red-handed. He tells a joke about a man seen by his wife sneaking out of another woman's house. Wife follows him home, confronts him and he says "it wasn't me"

Must have been Frankenstein... :hi:

You will know soon enough, I have an email in to find out your exposure here Krypto . You have a huge mouth, I certainly hope you are ready to back it up ? (shrug)

I'm not trying to egg you on in this situation. But last time something blew up, you threatened people, promised to F their mothers, and all sorts of irrational challenges.

I'd recommend not going down that path again, and threatening fellow board members. Especially sending emails demanding someone's personal info, which CGC would never expose themselves like that without a court order.

Just go the path of truth, and if anything after looking this book over you felt CGC made a mistake. It is very clear this is the same book.

The only mistake was not revealing in the sales thread this was formly graded by CGC and pressed. I think that is what has folks up in arms, and rightly so.

Bosco...Thanks for taking a rational approach here with this comment. You are right about "last time" I did blow up and I shouldn't have. I am not making any threats here....I am simply stating the facts....Krypto has defamed me publicly, if I have legal recourse I will in fact be taking that path. No threats....just hoping he is ready to back up his very big mouth . I have done nothing wrong here. Just because I have sold the books doesn't make me guilty, also have done nothing to him personally . I should know by tomorrow what recourse I have of a legal sort.I also have a call into someone that actually witnessed me selling the CGC 8.5 at WonderCon.

Just give it up already.

It's the same book.

No, it actually is.

No, seriously, just like many other board members I overlaid the images in Photoshop and they are a perfect match.

You didn't sell it at Wondercon.

You didn't sell it on ebay.

You cracked it & tried to sell it here.

You have no legal recourse.

Why? Because it's the same friggin' book.

surferemotescontro.jpg

In Before The Lock!

Two conclusions:

1. It's the same book.

2. Franken is a dolt for trying to deny it.

Other than that, the ethics of the situation are greasy at best, and I'm glad that it was brought to my attention.

Edited by catrick339

The action thus far:

- Raw book listed for sale on the boards as 9.2 was cracked out of an 8.5 slab.

- PQ graded c/ow by CGC represented as ow by the seller of the raw copy

- Pressing undisclosed by the seller of the raw copy

- The two books are unequivocally the same, but the seller of the raw copy claims otherwise

- Group psychology in play leads to pitchforks being brandished and torches being lit in search of the seller of the raw copy

- The seller of the raw copy is a shill and has a track record of problematic board interaction

- Inevitable thread entropy leads to threat of legal action by seller of the raw copy

Conclusion:

Nobody is making their families proud here. There are a number of board members who sell raw comics here and have high integrity - they deserve the lion's share of the business.

Hey, he may be a :censored:, a :censored::censored:, a :censored:, a :censored::censored::censored: and a lying sack of :censored:, but he is not a shill. He simply changed his username, which is allowed on this messageboard and recorded here.

(If he had a pre-MUSCLESHARK account, I stand corrected)

I sold the raw copy copy this morning to an Ebay customer

Link?

If that's a problem then I don't see how you could possibly consider yourself an honest person. Here's a link to my one and only eBay profile

http://myworld.ebay.com/comics4sale00

Now lets see yours, the one with the sale of the 8.5 ending this morning.

But what does this all have to do with Earth Day hm

I have one question about all of this. Even if the book is the same as the other. Is it not possible that it could be a 9.2 or even a 9.0 or an 8.0 for that matter. After all grading is very subjective (shrug) . One mans 9.2 maybe another mans 8.5. What I really would like to see is the CGC graders notes on this book to see what the pregrader and the final graders gave it. After all we are talking about less than 1 point in the grades

Just a $500 difference, that's all

even with a $500.00 difference Is it not possible that who ever bought or buys the book may believe it to be higher OR lower than the CGC grade of 8.5? I mean come on how many of us have bought a PGX book cracked it out and submitted it to CGC and a different grade higher or lower comes back. Just using that to make a point that grading is very subjuctive and if you asked 20 different people to look at the book in hand I would say you would get a range of 8.0-9.2. I understand that there is a big difference in price. However, if the buyer or potenial buyer agrees with the grade the Dr gave it and is completely happy . Is there anything wrong with that?

Its a totally different situation if he sells it as a 9.2 and the buyer is unhappy and wants to return the book. As long as the Dr. refunds the money or adjusts the price accordingly then that would be ok as well IMHO

You're missing the point by about a mile.

Muscleshark bought a pressed, slabbed 8.5 book - he cracks it, offers up it for sale as 9.2 raw, and doesn't disclose the fact that it was pressed (which I personally don't care about) and that it was previously graded as a 8.5 (which I do care about).

If you don't see the blatant dishonesty in that, you shouldn't be selling here on the boards either.

On the side of being open minded, I sold a bronze key to Jive who thought it looked much better than the assigned CGC grade and so he gave it a straight resub and it went from a CGC 9.0 to a CGC 9.6. True story.

On the topic of this thread, Frank just lied through his teeth without flinching a muscle. They are without a doubt the same book. That's enough for me.

In my opinion...Roy , you are a hopeless dope without a clue. Nothing more...nothing less, wow a real leader of the masses...... lol

As far as me selling on these boards. I have never had a complaint from anyone that has bought a book from me.

Trey

meh

Check the kudos thread :sumo:

Wow, you do have a short memory

Trey's cool. He messed up, took his lumps and came back and rebuilt his rep. That's worth a fresh start in my books.

(thumbs u

I'm betting he has the car too. I could be wrong but at this point it's what my gut says.