• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

OK well i really have to go to work right now so ill say some further stuff that happened real quick.

The new buyer sent me a PM saying he bought the book on the 18th and he was unaware of what was going on and he's sorry, Now i want to believe him and im trying but, the book appeared in his sig line up yesterday and thats 1 day after i was told theres something wrong with the book hmmmmm. Then i am told he paid $1500 for the book when i was paying $1600. So it appears either everyone thinks im very stupid or the seller just doesnt like money.I just checked all my PM's with the seller and talked with him originally on the i think 7th or 8th, and had the first payment on the 11th and within less than a week from that had the remainder of the balance.

There is absolutly no way I did anything wrong and I will be 10000% shocked if the seller can accuse me of anything exept being extremly exited about anything that has happened between us.

I will be home at 5 today i wish i could see whats gonna happen now but i cant, I will say who he is when i get back thanks

more food for thought...and a new twist...wow

It doesn't seem so unreasonable that he'd put up a pic of his new comic ten days after "buying" it. If the deal was agreed upon on the 18th, maybe loot was sent on the 19th, comic shipped on the 20th or 21st, it's easy to see the second buyer not getting it until the 27th or 28th, then scanning it and getting it in his sig.

I'm definitely leaning towards condemning the seller, but not at all convinced that the second buyer did anything wrong. I hope not. :wishluck:

OK well i really have to go to work right now so ill say some further stuff that happened real quick.

The new buyer sent me a PM saying he bought the book on the 18th and he was unaware of what was going on and he's sorry, Now i want to believe him and im trying but, the book appeared in his sig line up yesterday and thats 1 day after i was told theres something wrong with the book hmmmmm. Then i am told he paid $1500 for the book when i was paying $1600. So it appears either everyone thinks im very stupid or the seller just doesnt like money.I just checked all my PM's with the seller and talked with him originally on the i think 7th or 8th, and had the first payment on the 11th and within less than a week from that had the remainder of the balance.

There is absolutly no way I did anything wrong and I will be 10000% shocked if the seller can accuse me of anything exept being extremly exited about anything that has happened between us.

I will be home at 5 today i wish i could see whats gonna happen now but i cant, I will say who he is when i get back thanks

Doesn't look good for either the seller or the new buyer............

It doesn't seem so unreasonable that he'd put up a pic of his new comic ten days after "buying" it. If the deal was agreed upon on the 18th, maybe loot was sent on the 19th, comic shipped on the 20th or 21st, it's easy to see the second buyer not getting it until the 27th or 28th, then scanning it and getting it in his sig.

I'm definitely leaning towards condemning the seller, but not at all convinced that the second buyer did anything wrong. I hope not. :wishluck:

why would the seller sell it for less money than he had previously agreed a sale on?

Especially as the original buyer still wanted the book.

Doesn't add up.

why would the seller sell it for less money than he had previously agreed a sale on?

Doesn't add up.

I could play Devil's Advocate (better than Pacino) and come up with a couple reasons, but I won't bother as I'm sure they wouldn't be right. I'm just not ready to throw the second buyer in the nefarious category yet.

Unless the buyer is out and out lying what story could the seller come up with that would justify his course of action?

Price was met.

Book appeared to be off the market.

First payment made.

Seller was contacted that book would be paid for in full slighly ahead of schedule.

would really like to hear who the seller is (remember, I believe someone in origin stated this was a well thought of, reputable boardie, right?...seems out of character based on that general description, but anything is possible) and what the sellers POV was?

until then, I personally will refrain from any speculation and damnation (though it might be coming if warranted!), and I simply encouraged others to do the same

If it's the seller we are all assuming, I'm not sure the reputation is exactly as pure as the driven snow like yours :foryou:

Jim

but then why would the seller take less money? I can see the logic in selling to a gazumper (although i would never condone such behaviour), but for less money :screwy:

Doesn't add up.

Maybe the seller is kookoo and not greedy. I guess that would be easier to forgive.

Doesn't add up.

I find that in situations like this, it rarely adds up, or there wouldn't be a situation like this lol

Wow this board has become "As The World Turns". ( I type as I read through 23 pages of post)

Like sand through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives...........

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. These are "The Days Of The Week".

More like...

neverendingstory.jpg

Doesn't add up.

I could play Devil's Advocate (better than Pacino) and come up with a couple reasons, but I won't bother as I'm sure they wouldn't be right. I'm just not ready to throw the second buyer in the nefarious category yet.

I concur, there are a myriad of scenarios that "could" be reasons or explainations, but why bother until we hear from the seller...at least that is my point

Oy! doh!

Leave the computer early and look what happens! I think we need a new rule that no new drama be posted after 5pm PST. :grin:

Sorry to hear of your troubles Matt. The seller definitely needs to speak up!

Doesn't add up.

I find that in situations like this, it rarely adds up, or there wouldn't be a situation like this lol

Unless he was selling the book to two people and was waiting to see who paid up first. (shrug)

Doesn't add up.

Unless he was selling the book to two people and was waiting to see who paid up first. (shrug)

(shrug)

I think the reason the seller hasn't chimed in yet is he is waiting for Frankie to reply to his desperate PM for a good yarn to post hm

If he has any sense he's trying to resolve this matter...

However, Frankie might have a few nice back up stories that he could use if the need be. I prefer the brother with an IQ of 80 excuse but that's just me. That poor guy, he couldn't even function at a McDonalds. :cry:

Doesn't add up.

Maybe the seller is kookoo and not greedy. I guess that would be easier to forgive.

lol